A familar face

A manic Wednesday morning causes caos on AAU and everyone is rushed off their feet. Raf is back to work as Fletch's kids are back at school and Fletch has returned to work and already Serena has had quite a few staff call in sick.

"Please can you just get me some pain relief doctor" a patient calls out to Raf as he goes passed towards his office. Raf goes over her notes and gives the women 5mg of pain relief.

"Ah thank you so much!" The patient smiles. Raf smiles back "let me know if the pain gets any worse and I'll be back in a bit to take you for your scan."

He gets back to his office and picks up some files when Serena comes in, "Er Raf I'm going to be in my office and try and get some more staff in if you need me".

"Yes I think it is well needed for a day like today". He replies as he gets a few things together.

He walks back onto the ward and rushes around to each of his patients as they are short staffed.

Fletch tries to lighten up the mood. "It hasn't been like this in a while aye mate, at least you get to have some lunch and peace and quiet soon." He laughs.

"And looking forward to it" Raf replies.

A few moments later, Serena walks back onto the ward and makes her way to Fletch and Raf. "I've had a few phone calls back and we've got a couple of nurses and also nurse Martinez back to help us.

Raf's face lights up "Er is that who I think it is".

"Yes it is Mr Di Lucca, sounds like she's only just come back from having time off and she's going to come in to all this."

Everyone gets on with their jobs and about an hour later Raf goes into the locker room to change after a patient has just messed his scrubs when he hears a familiar voice.

He turns and a big smile appears on his face when he sees it's Cara.

"Look who it is, your looking different" he says and he look up at her.

"Nice to see you again Raf, I hope that's a good thing!" she laughs.

There's a small silence that doesn't seem to be awkward for either of them until Cara pipes up. "I see you've had a morning of it already" she laughs.