Taking it's toll

They get half way through the procedure when Cara makes another mistake which is noticed by all the staff around her. "Get out!" Raf shouts which causes Cara to drop equipment as she jumps.

"What" Cara says almost sarcastically then looks down at the mess on the floor. She bends down to help pick them up but is stopped by Raf, "Let another nurse clean that up and scrub out!" He says angrily.

Cara puts some stuff down and then leaves. She rips her mask off and shoved it in the bin "fuck sake" she mutters as she's upset with herself.

Cara storms off to the locker room and slumps herself onto the bench.

She messes with her hair bobble on her wrist for a while before stroking her stomach.

It's a long while before Raf makes his appearance as it was a long procedure.

By the time he's finished his procedure Cara is getting ready to go home as her shift has ended, but Raf still has another six hours left.

He comes into the locker room to find her at her locker getting her bag ready to go. "What happened in there!" He asks.

Cara shuts her locker and turns the key before dropping it in her bag. "Nothing" she replies trying to brush off her clear mistakes.

"No Cara, that is not like you" he empathises.

"Oh well, it won't happen again" she replies putting on a fake smile.

"Why are you so laid back, these are our jobs!" Raf says getting more aggravated.

"I'm not, I just... people... make mistakes Raf" Cara smiles.

"And what about the zoning out? Your lucky the equipment wasn't damaged" he tells her.

"Raf, please... I've told you I'm sorry, it won't happen again, okay!" She huffs.

Raf huffs, "I hope it doesn't!"

"Don't get all huffy with me Raf, you're acting like a child. I'm going home now" she huffs and goes to leave the locker room.

"Me acting like a child!?" He says as he lightly holds her back.

"Yes you!" She snaps.

"I'm just doing my job!" He says getting louder.

She huffs and looks at him. "So what is this how it's going to be now every time I make a mistake" Cara says.

"Are you planning to?" He says not happy.

"Just leave me alone, yeah?" She says.

"Fine, I've got to work to do" he huffs and barges passed her.

"Such a child" Cara mumbles as she follows him out the locker room.

Raf ignores her and goes over to the nurses station to pick up some files.

Raf is approached by Fletch who smiles at him "you and Cara been fighting again? You've got a face on you like a wet Sunday" he says.

"No and I think you should mind your own business" Raf snaps.

"Oh god Cara's rubbing off on you. On your period are you?" Fletch chuckles as he walks off.

"Give it a rest" Raf huffs.

Fletch pulls a face at Raf before getting back to work, as does Raf.

Soon Raf comes to the end of his shift, it's 6am and Raf decides just to go straight home and confront Cara.

He's home within minutes as the roads are practically clear.

He pulls up outside and takes a deep breath. He knew Cara is really touchy at the moment and might take his head off.

He turns the key slowly as it was still early hours and put them down on the table beside him.

Raf takes his shoes off and head upstairs, once upstairs he quickly goes to the toilet and then heads into the bedroom.

He sees Cara laying there still and he starts to walk over to the bed.

"Oh Caz" he sighs as he sits on his side of the bed and watches her. Suddenly Cara opens her eyes and looks straight at him.

Raf shifts a little on the bed, "Jesus Cara I didn't realise you were awake" he says.

She looks up at him and rolls her eyes. "I can always hear you coming in, you sound like a baby elephants dancing around" she huffs.

Raf sighs, "did you get much sleep?" He asks calmly.

"No" Cara replies simply.

Raf strokes her cheeks and smiles.

He lays on his side and strokes her hair, "why don't you speak to me" he asks.

Cara looks at him and then down at the bed. "Because you're always busy" she mutters.

"I'm never too busy for you babe, got to think about you and our baby" he smiles and strokes her stomach.

"You've been at work all night while I've been here alone" she sighs.

"Another month and then we'll be together all night. But that's not all you're upset over is it? Babe you need to speak to me about your worries " he smiles.

"It's... it's just quite hard sometimes" Cara admits.

"What carrying a baby?" Raf asks.

"Not just that, everything that comes with it... I feel Morven thinks I'm being a bad friend" she says.

"Be honest Caz" he smiles and kisses she forehead.

"I do feel bad, I should talk to her" Cara smiles a little.

"You should, maybe tomorrow? Now aren't we meant to be round your mums in the afternoon?" Raf smiles as he rests his hand on her hip.

"Ah that's right, she's offered to cook" she giggles.

"We going to tell her today?" Raf replies.

"I think we should, it won't be long till she notices" she smiles.

Raf nods and drifts off a little "I think you need to sleep Raf, I'll wake you at twelve" Cara smirks and kisses him.

Raf nods briefly as he falls asleep.

Cara smiles and lies there for a little longer. She soon drifts back to sleep and cuddles up to Raf.