Coffee house stranger

Cara sits quietly minding her own business when she hears a cough from behind her and the someone touching her on the back.

She jolts a little in her seat and turns to see who it is. "Erm... can I help you?" Cara questions as she looks up at the man standing before her.

"Hi... sorry is your name Cara?" The man asks.

"What's it to you?... look mate I'm spoken for" Cara replies and turns back around to wait for Raf.

"You've got it wrong, please. Can I just sit for a moment?" The man pleads.

"My fiancé will be back soon, better make it quick" she huffs.

"You are Cara?" He asks as he takes the seat opposite.

"Why? Have I treated you before?" she questions.

"What? Are you a doctor?" He asks confused.

"No! I'm a nurse" Cara replies sharply.

"Oh sorry" he apologises.

Cara rolls her eyes and sits back a little "so come on who are you? I can't wait until Christmas" she says sarcastically.

"How old are you? Please I just need to know..." he says.

"Erm... what are you? Stalking me?" She laughs uneasily.

"It's important" he says sternly.

"I'm... 26..." Cara says.

"Oh god. Right okay, I guess you should know why I'm asking..." he starts.

"You're stalking me aren't you" Cara says.

"No, I'm... I'm your dad..." he pauses thinking about what she's going to say.

"No!" She says and stands abruptly.

"You're pregnant!" he replies in shock.

"Leave me alone" she says and starts to storm off.

He gets up and follows her, "Cara, please you have to listen to me, I come in peace... I want to be part your life" he replies.

"I don't want to hear it, your the one who chose to leave" she huffs.

"Cara, I was young... if you won't let me be there for you... please let me have another chance with my grandchild" he pleads.

"You can't just come into our lives again! How did you even find me" she asks as she turns and sees Raf coming out of the men's.

"I just searched and searched and then one day I found you, I never stopped loving you Cara" he smiles.

"It's taken you what 20 years!" She argues and Raf walks over after seeing Cara moved from the booth.

"Cara?" Raf questions.

"Raf can we go" she pleads.

"Is he causing you bother?" Raf asks her. She just pushes him away and tries to make Raf walk.

"Cara please don't leave it like this!" He calls out to her.

"Who's that?" Raf asks as they walk away.

"No one, keep moving" she demands.

Raf obliges and walks with her towards the door. "Cara!" Her dad calls out again as he goes after them.

Cara doesn't look back but as she gets to the door they both hear someone cry out.

"Cara!" Her dad calls out. She turns around to see her Dad clutching his chest and his knees slowly buckling underneath him.

"Dad?" Cara sort of questions it all and Raf looks at her confused.

"Raf!" She calls and runs towards him as she realises it's not fake.

Raf goes after Cara as she manages to catch her Dad as he falls forward.

"Someone call an ambulance" Raf calls out.

"Please Raf!" Cara says as he helps her dad down.

"Tell them they need an ambulance to Holby City Hospital... my names Mr Di Lucca I'm a registrar there" Raf says to a woman on the phone behind the counter.

The Woman nods, "I need you do deep breaths ok" Raf tells him as Cara watches.

"Save him Raf" Cara pleads.

Raf gives her a reassuring smile and keeps focused on keeping her dad calm.

"Cara... I'm... sorry... forgive me... start... over..." her dad mutters in pain.

"Please just focus on yourself we can worry about all that later" Cara tells him with a little smile.

"What's his name Cara!... tell me his name!" Raf asks.

"Gareth..." Cara tells him.

"Gareth... listen to me. I need you to take deep breaths for me. And keep nice and calm" Raf says.

He does what Raf says and tries to copy the breathing. "They're here" Cara says as she notices the paramedics.

"Who's this" the paramedic asks as one goes straight to them.

"Gareth..." Raf begins.

"Gareth Fullbook... 49..." Cara tells without thinking.

"Right hello Gareth we need you to try and steady your breathing" the paramedic tells him.

Raf steps away to let them work on him and goes and stands with Cara to comfort her.

"Are you ok?" He asks her.

She nods and holds Raf close. They watch as they help her dad into the ambulance, "I want to go with him" she tells Raf.

"Okay... I shall meet you at the hospital" Raf smiles as he kisses her head and holds her tightly.

She smiles and follows the paramedic to the ambulance.