I know

She smiles to herself and she can see Raf coming back onto the ward as she puts some information down on the computer.

She sees Morven coming over to her with a smile slapped across her face. "Hi" Cara says.

"Hi" Morven smiles. "You feeling better" she asks.

"Yes actually" she smiles.
Cara continues to look at the computer screen as Morven sits down beside her.

"Want to come clubbing tonight?" Morven questions.

Cara pauses what she's doing, "I think I'm going to have a quiet one tonight, a take away and a good box set to get stuck into" she says and carries on the computer.

"Oh please, even the pub after work please. I hardly see you now you've moved in with Raf" Morven pleads.

"Morven I'm really not feeling it" Cara say to try and get off the subject of drinking.

"Please Cara I haven't been out with you in ages, I feel lost without you" she smiles.

"Morven please" Cara pleads.

"It's not fair Cara, what are you and Raf actually doing at home, forgetting about your best friend now that's fine" Morven sighs trying to make Cara feel bad for her.

"I haven't forgot about you, but you saw me throw up earlier. You think I'm up a night out?" She tries to reason.

"Come on, I came out with you when I had gastroenteritis" Morven sighs.

"Morven you don't have to go out, your not an alcoholic!" Cara says.

"Your boring, hey Jasmine wanna come out tonight? Cara's being a bore" Morven says as Jasmine walks across the ward.

"Do you even have to ask" Jasmine giggles.

"See Cara, some people are good friends" Morven says as she stands up and walks off.

Cara breathes out a sigh and thinks about how bad she feels.

She gets up to go to speak to Morven but is called over by Serena. "Nurse Martinez, page Mr Di Lucca, and prep for theatre. Mrs Yates her appendix had ruptured" Serena informs Cara.

She nods and does as Serena has asked before making her way into prep.

She pages Raf and gets herself into theatre scrubs and out into the theatre. "What happened?" Raf asks as he bursts into the scrub in area.

"Mrs Yates' appendix has ruptured" Cara explains.

Raf quickly reads the toxicology notes which have just come back. "Let's get two bags of O negative on stand by as well please" Raf says as he puts his hair net and mask on.

She nods to go get it ready for theatre.

Raf comes in and soon the anaesthetist comes in and outs the patient under so Raf can proceed with the precedure.

Cara assists with the procedure but is finding it hard to concentrate.

"Nurse Martinez, can I have the larger scalpel and be prepared with swabs" Raf says as they begin the procedure.

Raf looks up at Cara who seems to be in a world of her own.

"Nurse Martinez? Are you okay?... Cara.... Cara?... Cara!" Raf says as she's totally out of it.

"Sorry what" she says as she snaps out of it.

"Large scalpel and swabs" Raf says again to her and she nods and looks down at the equipment in front of her.

Cara goes to pick something up from the tray but stops herself and scans the whole tray.

She picks up stuff and hands it to Raf and continues to scan the table.

Raf carries on with the procedure and looks up. "Are you alright, nurse Martinez?" He asks a little worried about her.

"Hmm? Yeah... just tired, I'll be fine" she mumbles.

"Can you please concentrate" he asks as he needs her to focus.

"I'm sorry" she mutters as she looks back down at the tray. Raf sighs and turns back to the procedure.