Waking up in your arms

Early the next morning, Christmas Day, Cara wakes up to Raf still asleep. "Wakey wakey Di Lucca" she smiles and kisses his cheek.

Raf moves a little and stretches out.
"Morning" she smiles.

"Morning my beautiful fiancée" he smiles as he strokes her hip and Cara realises last night was real.

A massive smile grows on Cara's face, "please pinch me, I must be dreaming" she smiles.

He pinches her and she starts to giggle "oh you're awake not dreaming" he laughs.

"Certainly feels like it" she smiles.

"Happy Christmas babe and happy anniversary, officially been with you a year" he smiles.

"Merry Christmas to you too my gorgeous fiancé" Cara smiles.

Raf kisses her and pulls her onto his lap.
Cara sits there and hugs him tightly and smiles happily at him.

"We need to get ready for work" he smiles.

"But Raf its Christmas Day" Cara sighs.

"It's only for this morning then we can order Chinese or something for dinner" Raf smiles.

"Raf it's not traditional" Cara laughs.

"There will be not turkeys left and come on there is turkey in some Chinese foods" he says.

"I guess that's the closest we're going to get" she laughs.

He nods "now how about we get ready for work and we get going" he smiles.

Cara smiles and gets up to get in the shower and get ready.

She looks at the ring as she gets in the shower as it's feels really odd on her hand.

She smiles to herself and has her shower before coming out.

She heads back into the bedroom and gets changed beside Raf. Raf sits there and smiles as he watches her.

"I want to tell my mum" Cara smiles.

"Yeah you should, I think she'd like that" Raf smiles.

"How do I call her?" Cara ask.

"I think you use this" Raf laughs and hands her her phone.

She smiles and kisses his cheek before calling her mum as Raf gets ready for work.

Raf smiles to himself as Cara walks into the kitchen and makes a drink and he can still hear their conversation.

Raf smiles to himself as he hears Cara announce that Raf proposed last night.

Raf finished getting ready and goes through to her.

"So?" Raf smiles as he wraps his arms around her waist and starts to kiss her neck. "Do I have permission from your mother to have you for the rest of our lives? And in which means a heck of a lot of sex" he smirks.

"Raf I'm still on the phone to her" she giggles and Raf blushes.

"She heard that, she says hi" Cara laughs.

"Hello Karen" he blushes.

"Hi Raf nice to hear from you... I think... but I'm glad everything worked out" Karen says down the phone.

"Yeah lovely hearing for you too" he replies as he moves the phone down. "Caz we need to get going" he smiles.

Cara has the phone back at Raf smiles at her, "Merry Christmas Karen" Raf shouts as he leaves the kitchen.

He goes and gets his stuff ready and Cara finishes off her conversation with her mum.

Once Cara is ready they head to work in the car.

When they get there, they head inside hand in hand. This doesn't go unnoticed as they head to the locker room.

Fletch watches them, "have I missed something" he says as he approaches Morven.

"No clue" Morven smiles as she watches them.

"I'm erm going to my locker" he says and heads into the locker room and casually says hi as he enters.

"Alright Fletch" Raf says with a smile on his face.

He nods "so what you lot so happy about this morning?" Fletch asks.

Raf looks at Cara and gives her a nod, she then walks over to Fletch and shows him the ring.

"Did you... you two engaged?" Fletch says and smiles at the two. Raf nods, "that's one heck of a ring mate" he says.

"She's worth it mate" Raf says to Fletch.

"Isn't it lovely" Cara smiles.

"Congratulations you two" Fletch smiles.

Fletch hugs Cara "I bet your looking forward to finishing already seeing as it's Christmas" he laughs.

They nod "yeah Chinese for dinner isn't it Cara?" Raf smiles and Cara agrees.

"Okay Fletch that's enough hugging now, anyone would think you like her" Raf laughs.

"Alright Raf don't get too jealous" he laughs and leaves the room.

Cara looks at Raf and raises an eyebrow "geez Raf he's just a friend" Cara giggles as she heads out onto the ward.

"I know" he smiles as they head to the nurses station to where Morven is.

Morven smiles at Cara as she catches eye contact with her, "come on show me" she smiles.

Cara holds her hand out and Morven holds her hand "I'm so happy for you two" she smiles.

"Looks even better on her hand Raf" Morven smiles.

"I love it, I can't believe it" she smiles and looks at Raf.

Cara smiles and hugs Morven. "Oh I'm so happy for you both" Morven smiles as Serena walks over.

"Don't we all have jobs to be doing?" She questions.

"Actually Serena, we have news to share" Cara pipes up. "Really" Serena says.

"Yes" Raf says. "We got engaged" he smiles and Serena looks at the two.

Serena just stares at them for a while before smiling.

"I think congratulations are in order" she smiles. Raf nods in agreement.

"I should be getting to work" Cara smiles and heads off.
They both get to work and on with their jobs for the morning.