Needing to talk

A few days later Cara is still at her mums and hasn't really spoken to Raf since their argument.

Cara is currently getting ready for work and is a little apprehensive as Raf is on the same shift as her.

She gets dressed and gathers her stuff together.

"Cara I'm running late, will you lock up and set the alarm before you leave please?" Karen calls upstairs to Cara.

"Yeah sure!" Cara calls back.

Cara puts her stuff in her bag and then ties her hair up and heads downstairs.

She takes the toast that her mum had made her and makes her way to work.

She smiles and strokes her bump as she eats the toast and feels a fluttering sensation.

She picks up her bag and keys from the table and heads outside.

She locks the front door and makes her way to work.

It takes her slightly longer than it would if she was at her flat but she finally gets there.

Once Cara is in the Locker room she sits down on the bench and rests for a while. She had totally forgotten what it was like to be pregnant and walk so far without sitting or stopping.

She takes some of her water before feeling ready to get up and open her locker.

She looks through her stuff and then finds her name badge and a set of scrubs. Cara quickly changes while there's no one in there.

She has another sit down and flicks through her phone before putting it away ready for her shift to start.

As soon as she shuts her locker Raf appears ready for his shift. Cara stops dead and looks at him before walking off.

"Cara" he calls but she blanks him.

Raf sighs and watches her walk off. He knew he needed to speak to her today or everything would simply fall apart forever.

He tries think of a plan to get them in the same room so he is able to talk to her.

Once dressed and ready Raf heads out on the ward and watches Cara clean up a patient who has been sick. He then heads over to Fletch at the nursing station.

"Fletch, can you do me a favour? Could you tell Cara to be on admin for the next hour or so?" Raf asks.

Fletch nods and walks over to Cara. Raf watches Fletch discuss it with Cara, she then nods and then takes her apron off and heads to the office.

He waits a few minutes before making his way to the office where she is at.

Cara is deep in thought looking down at the paper work as he walks in and slams the door behind them and then locks it.

"What the hell do you think your doing" Cara huffs.

"We need to talk!" Raf says.

"Do we?" She asks.

"Yes and no one is leaving until we do" Raf insists.

Cara pushes the chair away from the desk and then looks down at her lap running her thumb up and down her bump.

"Look I know the other day upset you, but is there anything else bothering you?" He asks concerned.

"Just leave it yeah?" She mutters and plays with the string on her scrubs.

"Cara please" Raf begs.