Failing before succeeding?

They head off into town and buy a few things while browsing, before long it's time for their appointment and Cara's nerves are getting the better of herself as they drive to the hospital.

She doesn't say anything for the whole ride. Raf pulls up at the hospital and turns to her.

He placed his hand on Cara's knee, "ready?" He asks and she shakes her head and plays with the zip on her jacket.

"It's going to be ok" he reassures. "I'll be here with you whatever they say" he smiles.

She gives a small smile and gets out the car and looks up at the hospital, Cara takes a few deep breaths and starts to walk with Raf.

They head up in the lift and to the desk where they let them know they are there wating, and take a seat.

"Raf, I cant do this" Cara says as she stands abruptly.

"Hey, Hey... sit down, I've got you" Raf smiles as he stands and takes both her hands and sits her back down.

"I don't want to sit there and maybe be told I can't have children" she says with her head down.

"And you won't, Cara look at me. You're going to be fine" he smiles and kisses her cheek.

She moves her head up to look at him, smiling slightly as they are called in.

Cara hesitates as she stands and grabs her bag, Raf smiles and takes her hand before giving a reassuring squeeze and following Raf into the office.

"Hello. Please take a seat" Their doctor smiles.

Cara sits down and holds Raf's hand tightly and Raf strokes her hand gently. "I guess you know why I've called you here?" Dr Zeehid speaks.

"We weren't told but I think I know" Cara says as she can't look up.

"This is regarding your tests we did a few days ago, we just need a urine sample from you" the doctor says.

"...but I've already had one" Cara says confused.

"We just need to do a dip test on the urine, we can do it right now and the results will be almost instantly" Dr Zeehid explains.

"It's my kidneys again, it would explain everything" Cara says as she takes the tube and goes to the toilet.

A few minutes later Cara makes an appearance again and she takes a seat.

The doctor puts some surgical gloves on and then gets a dip test out and dips it into the urine and the holds it up to the light.

Cara waits anxiously and looks at Raf.

She looks at a chart on her desk and then takes her gloves off and types of the computer, "just as I thought" Dr Zeehid says.

"...what...what do you mean" Cara says.

"Well, how's your health been recently?" She starts to ask.

"It's my kidneys isn't it... I'm going to be on dialysis for the rest of my life" Cara panics.

"Just answer her Caz" Raf speaks up.

"Well I've had a bit of a sickness bug... actually I've still got it, but other than that my health is ok" Cara explains.

"And your iron medication have you been up to date with that? And here is says you've came off stuff for your kidneys over two years ago" Dr Zeehid says and Cara agrees.

"I was told to start to come off that as they started to improve... it's got worse hasn't it" she sighs.

"Your kidneys seem to function as well as possible but there's something else that's came up in the tests" she says to the couple.