Phone call

Six days later Cara is first to waken. She rolls over to see Raf is still asleep and decides to get herself out of bed and goes into the bathroom as she feels a bit flushed.

She grabs a glass which has been left on a shelf and gets herself some water. She starts to feel nauseous with every sip of the water.

She puts it back down, she uses the toilet and stands at the sink.

Cara glanced through at Raf who's still fast asleep and holds the sink as she's feels a little shaky.

She takes some deep breaths until for feels a bit better and leaves the bathroom.

She goes back into their room and opens the window slightly as she's boiling hot and then climbs back into bed.

She pulls the duvet over herself a little and she tries to get a bit more sleep.

Cara falls to sleep for the next hour, Raf is then woken to Cara fidgeting and fighting with the duvet.

Raf rolls over to her when he decides he can't get back to sleep.

He flicks her nose to see if it stops her fidgeting but it doesn't so he gets up and goes to the toilet.

Once he's finished he goes down into the kitchen and makes himself a drink. He decides to make himself and Cara some breakfast.

Cara soon wakes once again and goes back to the bathroom as she still feels nauseous.

She heaves a little against the sink. She gets a little emotional at the feeling.

"Raf" she cries quietly hoping he'll hear.

She doesn't hear a response so she calls out again.

Raf hears movement from upstairs and carries on cooking before calling Cara.

"Cara are you ok" he calls up.

"No not really" she replies loud enough for him to hear.

Raf stops what he's doing and makes his way up to see what's the matter.

He goes into the bathroom and knocks the door lightly and pushes the door open, "Caz?" He whispers.

"In here" she mumbles.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm going to be sick" the mumbles and bends over the sink.

"Use the toilet not the sink" Raf says as he helps her move to the toilet.

She heaves again and Raf holds her hair, "let it out if you need to, don't hold back" He encourages.

She heaves and is finally sick, "there you go" Raf says and rubs Cara's back.

"Feel better" he asks.

She nods slightly and stands back up and wipes her mouth with tissue.

He kisses her head lightly. "Maybe the breakfast I was making isn't a good idea" he smiles.

"I'm fine now I think" she replies as she washes her mouth out.

"Well maybe try some" he smiles and takes her hand.

She smiles and makes her way downstairs, "so what was you cooking?" Cara asks as she turns the kettle on.

"I made a few waffles" he smiles and takes one from the plate and takes a bite.

She looks at them and sighs "they look so nice I'll get some of that frozen fruit out the freezer" Cara says.

Raf nods and sits at the breakfast table.

She defrosts the fruit in the microwave and sits down and starts to eat her breakfast when her phone starts to ring, she rolls her eyes at Raf and grabs her phone and answers the unknown phone number.

"Hello?" She asks down the phone.

"Hello is this miss Martinez?" The woman asks.

"Yes... speaking?" Cara replies.

"This is Dr Zaahid, I'm calling from Holby IVF service regarding your recent tests and samples" she speaks.

"Oh... is everything alright?" She says looking at Raf quite concerned.

"We need you to come down to the hospital, are you free to come down this afternoon?" She asks.

"Erm... yes of course" she says and looks at Raf worriedly.

"That's great I shall see you soon then" the doctor speaks before hanging up.

"Who was that" Raf asks.

"That was Dr Zeehid... wants me to come in this afternoon. It's about my tests" she worries.

"Oh Caz" He says as he gets up and hugs her as he can see she's about to cry. "Do you want me to come with you?" Raf questions as he embraces her in a hug.

She only nods as a tear falls down her cheek and she holds onto him.

"Its all going to be fine okay" he smiles and kisses her head lightly.

"I had a feeling something was going to go wrong with this" she cries.

"Don't say that until we know what she wants you for" he smiles and rubs her back.

Cara just cries and holds his top, "let's not just stand around all day and mope, go have a shower and we can pop into town and get a few things for dinner tonight" he smiles.

Cara nods and pulls away from him and wipes her eyes. "I won't be long" she smiles and leaves to go have a shower.

Raf cleans up and tidy's the kitchen and also the lounge before Cara comes back down looking a little more decent.

Raf smiles and goes and kisses her. "My turn to make myself presentable" he says.

He quickly heads upstairs and changes and washes also.

He comes back down "you ready?" He asks.

"As I'll ever be" she smiles as she puts her jacket on and grabs her bag.

He grabs his keys and head out to Raf's car.

"Come on Caz, chin up" he smiles as he starts the engine as she gets in.

"I'm sorry, I just can't stop thinking about what they want me for" she admits.

"It could be nothing it maybe that they've had to move our appointment that does happen" Raf speaks.

"I hope your right" she smiles slightly as Raf starts the car and they head to the shops.