20 week scan

Cara smiles happily and cuddles up to his side, "I love you Raf" she smiles and looks up at him.

"I love you too" He smiles and looks down at her and kisses her.

"Stop being damn right cute" Raf smiles.

"Stop!" She giggles.

"I can't" he smirks.

"Cringe" she giggles.

"I don't get how I deserve you" he says.

"You don't... I'm way out your league Raf... this is all a dream. You really think I'd go for someone like you?" She giggles.

"What!... this has to be real" he smiles a little.

"Of course it is you big dummy!" She laughs and places her hand on her stomach.

"Good" he smiles and circles her belly.

Raf smiles and continues to do that, "so our little baby is going to be very spoilt" he mutters as Cara starts to become sleepy against him.

"Definitely" she mutters as she drifts off.

A few weeks later Cara is preparing for her 20 weeks scan while Raf is at work.

Cara takes a quick shower and gets herself ready to go and meet Raf from work.

She grabs her bag off the bed and looks at herself in the mirror and smiles as she runs her hand over her small bump, before heading out.

She takes a stroll over to the hospital and takes the lift up to AAU.

When she gets to AAU she's greeted by Jasmine and Fletch who are sitting at the desk watching Raf deal with an awkward patient.

"You might want to wait until you go over" Fetch laughs.

"Oh dear" Cara smirks.

"Believed to be on some form of drugs. Raf unfortunately drew the short straw for treating this patient" Jasmine smiles.

"I'll wait over here with you guys" Cara laughs.

Cara sits herself down "so what are you doing here on your day off?" Fletch questions.

"It's our 20 week scan today" Cara says with a huge grin on her face.

Jasmine looks around at Cara and smiles "oh my, so you going to find out the gender?" She asks Cara.

"I think so" she smiles down at her bump.

Soon Raf walks over to her and smiles "ready?" He questions as he cleans his hands with his disinfectant gel.

She nods and stands up, "good luck! And don't forget to fill us in" Fletch smiles and they head off.

Cara takes hold of Raf's hand and they head up to gynaecology.

"How are you feeling?" Raf asks.

"Well I haven't had morning sickness today. So pretty good" she smiles.

"Good, what about the scan? You excited" he smiles as they get to the waiting room and check themselves in.

"Nervous, the next time we will see the baby after this is when I have it" she smiles.

"And well have one more little one to love" he smiles.

Cara nods as she gets to the reception desk and books herself in before taking a seat with Raf.

Within 5 minutes they are called and make their way into the room.

"You must be Cara Martinez and this must be your baby's father. My name is Lizzie I shall be your midwife up until the birth now" She smiles happily.

"This is Raf" Cara says as they take a seat.

Lizzie smiles and grabs a clip board and starts to fill in information on Cara "So For mother's health, roughly how tall and heavy are you?" She questions.

"I'm about 5 foot 3 and around 7/8 stone before I was pregnant" she tells the midwife.

"Okay that's good and how has your pregnancy been?" Lizzie questions.

"Good actually" Cara smiles.

"And are you starting to plan for baby?" She asks and they both nod.

"How far have you got" she smiles at them.

"Not far at all, we've both been working 12 hour shifts" Raf admits.

"You could just start with essentials like a cot and nappies for example, then do it when you can" Lizzie says.

"Oh we've got the cot... it's just not been put up" Cara laughs.

"I see" she laughs.

Lizzie gets Cara onto the bed and hands her a few tissues to line on her waist band of her trousers. Cara then rolls her top up and legs Lizzie measure her bump.