Baby talk

They reach mothercare and they head inside.

"Right then, let's have a look around" Karen smiles happily.

"I've got to look for those sleep suits I think" Cara says.

"Back in the day Cara I used to just wrap you up in a blanket nice and tightly.." Karen laughs reminiscing on the past days.

"This one is going to have more clothes than me at this rate" Cara laughs.

"Will defiantly grow out of them quicker than you can buy them though" Karen laughs as she browses through a rail.

Cara stops and looks at a pink baby grow and come up with an idea to announce she's having a girl.

"So what do you think of this one?" Cara asks.

"Hmm Cara, you want to steer away from the gender colours, go neutral" Karen smiles.

"But I'm pretty sure your granddaughter would prefer pink" Cara smiles and watches her mum.

"Now, now Cara... pink isn't..." Karen cuts herself off registering what Cara has just said.

"What did you just say?" Karen asks confused.

"I'm having a girl, Mum" she laughs cheerfully.

"What! I mean congratulations darling" Karen beams as she brings Cara into a hug.

"Thanks..." Cara laughs awkwardly as they're drawing attention.

"I'm so chuffed, I bet you and Raf are so happy" she smiles.

"We are, I just know Raf is going to be great with her" Cara smiles.

"Are you looking for coloured clothes for her now" Karen smiles.

"Yes, lots of dresses and tights, she's going to be a summer baby" Cara smiles happily.

"Exciting stuff" Karen smiles.

Cara smiles and carries on her browsing and picks up a few dresses which she wants and looks around the grows, tights, vests and socks area.

"These ones are cute, got little flowers on them" Cara smiles.

"They're nice, it's a six pack too" Karen smiles as she looks at the price. "A bargain" she laughs.

"Things are so expensive nowadays" Cara says.

"It defiantly is. I could always knit her some cardigans" Karen replies as she picks up a set of bottles and reads them.

"That would be lovely, and hats" Cara smiled.

"We better not go overboard, imagine Raf's reaction" she laughs.

"Oh Mum, Raf is the worst. Always on his laptop looking at baby stuff" Cara laughs.

"I thought you'd be bad" Karen laughs.

"He's so excited, honestly Mum" Cara replies as they make their way to the till.

"A baby is always so exciting" Karen says as she helps to load the shopping.

"It's his first he's bound to be, I just feel like a walking incubator at times" Cara smirks as they get to be served.

"I felt the same with you, felt like I had to protect you with everything I had" Karen smiles as they pay.

Cara smiles happily, "I'm so nervous for her sometimes I feel like it's out of my power sometimes, like the hospital want me on some kind of special aftercare that's on high alert" Cara explains as the collect their bags and leave the shop.

"What did they say to you?" Karen asks.

"Just that because of past stuff they want more observations." They then head down the high street and go in a few more shops.

"Once Raf's finished work we're going to go and see dad, you don't have to come" Cara says.

Karen doesn't reply as they carry on walking to the next shop.

"Have you picked out what you would like in the nursery yet, last time you mentioned it" Karen smiles.

"We've got a few things in mind. I am thinking of a pale yellow paint with some like wild life wal stickers" Cara explains.

"I bet she'll love that once she starts to get older" Karen smiles.

"Raf is one about getting black and white stuff to help simulate her... I get a headache looking at black and white stripes" Cara laughs.

"You can always just get black and white furniture and toys" Karen says.

"Yeah and have her say to me in fifteen years time, Mum why was there so much black furniture? Did you go through a gothic faze?" Cara laughs sarcastically.

"She probably will, could just have the black and white around the cot make it easier" Karen replies.

"Yeah that would be easier, anyway do you want me to drop you off at mine? Before I pop up to the hospital?" Cara questions her mum.

"Yes please hunny, I can unload the shopping for you" Karen smiles.

"If you want too" Cara smiles as they head back to her car.

Cara drives her mum back to her place and texts Raf to say she's on her way up the hospital.