Outburst in resus

Cara smiles at her mum and takes a seat next to her.

"Where have you been" Karen says as she speaks to her like she's a child again.

"For air!" Cara snaps.

"Cara, you've been gone ages!" Karen shouts.

"Not my fault! Why does my every move have to concern you!" Cara shouts back.

"I just want the best for you!" Karen says back.

"Well clearly you're stuck in the past! I'm not a little girl any more!" Cara huffs.

Karen rolls her eyes and stands back up "well you still are to me!" She snaps.

Cara goes quiet, "I know you still think of me like that but I'm 26 now and I mean I'm about to have a baby of my own" Cara explains.

Karen just nods "well if you're letting your dad back in, I'm warning you he'll let you down again and again. I don't want him hurting your baby" she replies.

"I'm not saying he's changed but becoming a grandpa might give him the lightbulb moment he needs" Cara smiles.

"Yeah... because he failed on you... " Karen utters.

"Look mum, I can't keep arguing over the same thing, please just be civil, for me?" Cara pleads.

"We'll see" Karen smiles.

"Thank you" Cara smiles.

Karen rolls her eyes and paces the room. A few minutes later a nurse comes in and says her Dad is ready for visitors.

Cara instantly stands, desperate to see how he is. "Where do you think you're going, I shall go see him first. Give him a piece of my mind" Karen says.

"What? He doesn't need that" Cara says as she stands there watching her mum.

Karen goes off with the nurse and heads into resuss.

Cara sighs and goes to Raf's side. "Let her have her rant, she's clearly very upset" Raf mutters against her head as he holds her close.

"I guess your right" she says and hugs him tighter.

Raf stands there hugging her until she pulls away. "Right let's go see your Dad, then we can go home and put the stuff away we have brought" Raf smiles.

Cara nods and they make their way to resuss where he is. "Oh my god..." Cara mumbles as she sees her Mum flapping her arms around at him.

She releases herself from Raf and goes for the door opening it, "mum what are you doing!" Cara calls as she walks in.

"Just catching up..." Karen speaks.

"Doesn't look like 'just catching up'" Cara says.

"Cara..." Karen says trying to reason with her.

Cara rolls her eyes and walks forwards. "You two need to be civil... if not for me... for your grandchild" Cara speaks.

"You don't have to like each other, just be able to stay in the same room without jumping down each other's throats" Cara adds.

Karen and Gareth look at each other and simply nods. "Good, anyway how are you feeling?" Cara asks as she walks over to her dad's bed.

"Well kind of rough but I should be fine. My angina is playing up" Gareth speaks.

"They said you should be able to go home in the morning" Cara says.

"Oh well at least I'm not on deaths door" he chuckles.

"Don't laugh at that" Cara smiles.

"Well I do seem to have a death sentence... your mother did tell you about my heart condition ... it's congenital" he replies

"No she didn't..." Cara stands there looking down.

"Yeah... it's fine clearly I haven't passed it on" Gareth smiles.

Cara sighs and looks back up "but I have kidney problem, ever since I was a child... fourteen operations Dad... where were you for them?!" She questions.

"I had no idea... I'm so sorry darling" Gareth apologises.

"Yeah, now I could be in kidney failure. My body can't cope with a baby, oh yeah did I mention you have a granddaughter, her names Katy, she's four... oh and she died at four hours old" Cara speaks her mind a bit too harshly, so much so Raf pulls her away.

He pulls her out the room for some time out, "you don't have to do this right now" he tells her.

"Yes I do" Cara replies putting a brave front on.

"I just don't want this upsetting you" Raf says.

"I'm fine" she smiles.

"Are you sure?" He asks again.

"Yeah, just needed to get it off my chest" she admits.

She looks back through the doors to see her Mum and Dad both being civil with each other.

"It'll be alright" she smiles as she watches them.

"Yeah it will be, now shall me and you go home. I shall cook and we can put a movie on or soemthing and get cosy?" Raf suggests.

"Oo even cooking?" Cara smirks at him.

"Can't promise it will be a masterpiece, but give me a chance" he chuckles.

Cara then heads into her parents and tells them she's leaving and she is working tomorrow but will be down at some point. She heads back out with Raf and they go home