Nervous surprise

Around five minutes later the taxi arrives.
Cara grabs her jacket and clutch and heads out, not forgetting to lock the door behind her.

Cara gets in the taxi and texts Morven to find out where she is.

She gets a reply from Morven who simply says 'At the restaurant'.

'Alright I'm almost here now' Morven replies back.

The taxi pulls up and Cara pays the driver and heads to the restaurant,

She looks down at her phone and texts Morven again to let her know she's waiting.  'I'm here, will get a bottle of wine ready'

She puts her phone away in her bag and waits at the desk. There, a waiter smiles, "hi have you got a booking" he smiles.

"Yeah it's under Martinez" she smiles.

He flicks through the list and looks back up at Cara "if you'd like to come with me" he smiles.

He walks her through the restaurant until he comes to her table. Cara suddenly stops and stands there staring at the table he has taken her to. She's stunned to see Raf sitting there dressed in a smart, dark suit scanning the menu. "Here you are" the waiter smiles and leaves.

Raf looks up at her and smiles. Cara looks around to see if she's got the wrong table, "what the hell" she says.

"Cara" Raf starts as he stands up to greet her.

"What are you doing here, where's Morven" she asks confused to what's going on.

"Morven isn't coming" Raf replies to her.

"What do you mean she's not coming, she's the one who practically begged me to come out" she says a little annoyed.

"Cara your here with me, please sit?" He asks calmly and she nods in response.

She sits down and he sits down too, "oh my god she set me up!" Cara says.

"Look I just wanted to get you here" he smiles.

"What so you can tell me you can't have children again?" She huffs not making eye contact with him at all.

"Cara please" He says.

"Fine" she huffs and picks up a menu. Raf grabs the bottle of wine and pours her a glass.

"Your favourite, if I'm correct" he smiles.

"Thank you" she smiles and sips a little.

He watches her for a while "so what would you like?" He asks.

"Hmm" she says as she looks at the menu.
"What are you having?" She questions.

"You... I mean I may have the stake" he replies awkwardly.

She smiles, "that does look nice" she says.

"Yes it does... you look amazing by the way" he smiles.

"Thank you I haven't wore this dress in a while" she smiles.

"Suits you" he smiles as the waiter comes over to take their order.

He takes down their order and leaves them to it. Raf sits and watches her lovingly.

She smiles at him, "so tell me Raf where did you get this suit from" she says pointing to what he's wearing.

"Had it from last years fund raising ball" he smiles.

"I see... very smart" she smiles.

"You like it?" He asks.

"I do, you don't normally wear suits" she says.

He smiles at her happily, "it's not everyday you dress smart" he smiles.

"Hmm" she says suspiciously.

Raf smiles at her and they sit talking for a while until their dinner arrives.

The waiter come with their food and they begin eating. "This all looks nice" she smiles.

"Yeah it does" he smiles.

"Well this certainly is posh, not ever day you get fresh salad and some weird topping... which tastes nice" Cara smiles.

Raf smiles at her and they dig in. "Is it alright" he asks.

"It's so nice thank you" she smiles back.
Raf continues to eat his dinner and smiles.

Once Raf finishes he looks at Cara and just smiles to himself. She looks back at him "what" she laughs.

"Oh nothing" he smiles.

"Right" she laughs and finishes her dinner. Raf sits there watching her.

"Finished?" He smiles.

"Stuffed" she puffs.

"I know me too" he laughs nervously.

"What's wrong?" Cara asks as she notices he is nervous.

"Nothings wrong" he smiles again.

She smiles at him and then looks down at her lap and glances at her phone.

Raf looks down and takes a breath and smiles, "Cara?" He says quickly.

~~~~~

Ooh cliffhanger...you'll have to wait for my next update to find out what happens...sorry🙊