Outburst

Once the plates are layed they are put at the table.

Raf goes and gets his parents and they sit down.

Not much is said as Cara hands out their plates of food.

"Cara babe sit down I'll do the rest" Raf says as she goes to get glasses and wine for everyone but herself.

She gives herself a glass of orange juice and takes a seat.

"Raf, stop faffing. Come here and eat" Cara huffs as she glances at his mum.

Raf stops and takes a seat by Cara, "you should sit down and relax" Joyce smiles at him.

For most of the meal Cara doesn't say a lot although the conversation is flowing. "Feeling okay?" Raf questions as he puts his knife and folk down and looks at her.

"Perfect" she says not convincing Raf.

"You don't seem it" Raf says raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine, leave it yeah?" She says.

Raf rolls his eyes and looks over at his dad "so how's the business going Dad?" He smiles.

"It's going well actually son, getting quite a lot of clients" he smiles.

"What line of business are you in Alister" Cara questions.

"He's an independent lawyer. With a team of lawyers on his back with a minutes notice... I mean maybe something worth looking into Raffaello" Joyce says.

"Sounds like your doing well but I have a job" he smiles politely.

"I know... I mean for you know... if Cara does a runner with your child. You two not being married and all" Joyce replies.

"Be assured that that won't happen" Cara tries to smile at his mum's comment.

"Oh but it will. I've seen your type before. Single parent background you're a nurse. Just with a doctor for the money" she hisses.

"I'll have you know... my mum did her best with me... my dad was an alcoholic. Do you really think I'd leave Raf with our child because of money?" Cara snaps as she stands up.

"I don't know what goes on in you girl's heads but I'll just wait for the day when my son comes back home alone because it will happen" Joyce insists.

"Mum stop!" Raf replies.

"Joyce!" Alister says and raises an eyebrow.

"Get... out!" Cara says as she grits her teeth.

The whole room goes silent at Cara's instructions. "Out!" She cries as Alister ushers Joyce while she gets her bag and out the door.

Raf looks at Cara in shock. "What the hell?" He says.

"You think I'd stand there and listen to that? I don't know how you could stand there and let them" she huffs and walks out into the kitchen.

"Cara... I didn't think she'd do that..." Raf stutters as he gets up and follows her.

"Well maybe you don't know your mum anymore, I can't believe she said all those things" she cries.

He sighs and walks over to Cara and tries to hug her. "Don't hug me!" She cries as she pushes past him and goes upstairs.

He sighs and doesn't know what to say, he tidies up the kitchen and decides to go and check if she's ok.

Raf walks into the bedroom and looks around to see Cara sat on the bed with her back to him.

He goes over and sits on the side of the bed, "look I'm sorry for what my mum said, she had no right" he smiles and places his hand on her back.

He looks down at her lap and sighs. "You shouldn't take anything she says to heart. Leave Katy's stuff be and come downstairs ?" Raf smiles.

"No. I want to stay here" she says and holds one of her blankets.

"Fine, I shall stay here too then" he replies and lies on the bed.

She looks over her shoulder and smiles, "the first time I held her was the best feeling I've ever had, it keeps going over in my head" Cara says as she lays back onto her pillow.

"And it shall be the same for this little one. Magical for both of us" Raf smiles and places his hand on her small bump.

"I'm going to try my hardest to give this little one the best life" she smiles and puts her hand over his.

"We both are" Raf smiles as he leans over her, leans in and kisses her.

"Thank you for being here" she smiles.

Raf smiles and kisses her again before lying back beside her. "So anything you want to talk about? I was thinking we start work on the spare room next week as it's our week off" Raf smiles.

"We could start that, maybe a cream or yellow?" She smiled.

"Yes we could. Any then when we know if it's a boy or girl we can get some of those wall stickers" Raf replies.

"You want to find out?" She asks.

"Of course, I've waited my whole life to have a child. I would at least like to know a colour" he smiles.

"I wouldn't mind what it is" she smiles.

Raf smiles and continues to stroke her stomach, "most dad want a boy, I'd love a boy. But I would treasure a little girl, funny enough I've always wanted a baby girl" Raf admits as he looks at Cara.

"Really? I didn't know" she says and sits up a little.

"Yeah. My family is full of boys... so a girl would be perfect" he replies and props himself up on his elbows.