This is awkward

Raf gave Fletch a look and walked back towards the nurses station.

"That was a sight for sore eyes" He laughed. "I couldn't get my words out" Raf said as he walked off the ward.

"Raf?" Cara looked confused. "Hey what's up with him?"

"Today is just not his day" is said jokingly.

When Raf came back he sat down at the nurses station and both Cara and Fletch came over. She smiled to him "Raf when's your lunch?"

"Ooh be careful with this one Raf, she obviously wants something" Fletch jokes as there is tension in the air and making it awkward on purpose.

"Noo.. I wondered if you needed a coffee or hot chocolate as much as I do".

Fletch walked off giving Raf a thumbs up as he left.

"Yeah alright then" Raf said looking like he didn't know what to do.

"Right, I've got a break in half an hour" Cara then walked back to a few patients.

About an hour later, Cara walks off the ward and finds Raf waiting outside. "All a bit too much for you Mr Di Lucca?" Raf turned round. "I'm heading down to the cafeteria if you want to join?" She asks.

"Yeah that's where I was heading actually". They both got into the lift and went down.

Raf walks up the the counter "who would you like? I mean what would you like" he laughed awkwardly.

"You... I mean what you having" she giggles softly as she flushes bright red.

They stare for a moment before Raf starts to mumble something "Er I think I'm going to have a hot chocolate". Cara turns to the lady at the till "I'll have the same please".

They pick them up and walk over to a empty table. They sit down as Raf goes to place his hand on his chair but catches her thigh. He suddenly pulls away looking embarrassed.

"Careful there Raf" Cara smirks.

"Sorry I.. That wasn't supposed to happen" he smiles.

"God this is awkward" Cara mutters as she sips her hot chocolate.

Raf smirks at her and accidentally elbows her as he stretches "oh sorry" he apologised quickly which makes cara giggle.

"This is like an episode of blind date... so awkward.... question one does you house smell like fish" Cara says in a deep voice as she tries to impersonate the TV presenter.

"You're funny" he smirks.

"Why thank you..." she replies.