Together • ALEC LIGHTWOOD {bo...

By -n0vaswxr

Started: 6th May 2021 Finished: 21st November 2021 {Alec Lightwood x OFC} {Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instrume... More

•a/n•
•Cast•
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•a/n•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•21•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
•29•
•30•
•31•
•32•
•33•
•34•
•35•
•36•
•37•
•38•
•39•
•40•
•41•
•42•
•43•
•44•
•45•
•46•
•47•
•48•
•49•
•50•
•51•
•52•
•53•
•54•
•55•
•56•
•57•
•58•
•60•
•61•
•62•
•63•
•64•
•65•
•66•
•67•
•68•
•69•
•70•
•71•
•72•
•73•
•74•
•75•
•76•
•77•
•78•
•79•
•80•
•81•
•82•
•83•
•84•
•85•
•86•
•a/n•
•book 3•

•59•

1.2K 36 3
By -n0vaswxr

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Tʜᴏs ғ Dᴇᴍᴏɴ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

Later on, Imogen speaks to all the Shadowhunters as she stands at the top of the stairs in the Ops centre. Alisha stands opposite her brother at the bottom of the stairs, some sort of Herondale tradition is what she was told. The two of them look forwards emotionlessly as their grandmother speaks.

"Another Shadowhunter was found dead last night in Williamsburg. This time, murdered by a warlock." Alisha looks down slightly. "In this time of crisis, it is essential that we maintain strong leadership. That is why I am naming Jace Herondale head of the Institute, effective upon my departure to Idris. Dismissed." She says and everyone begins to disperse. Alec, Jason, Isaac, Izzy and Clary walk up to Jace and Alisha who are now standing side by side.

"Let's not make a big deal about this. She's still in charge until she leaves." Jace states.

"Still! Being appointed head of the Institute and finding out you're a Herondale and Alisha's your sister? Don't let it get to your head." Isabelle says and links arms with Alisha.

"So Herondales are what, like, the Kennedys of the Shadow World?" Clary asks still confused.

"It's an old Shadowhunter family, like the Lightwoods." Alec states.

"But we're the Kennedys." Isabelle says and Jace smirks at her. They all stand around the conference table.

"Let's focus on what matters." Jace says getting back to the point. "The inquisitor would like us to reach out to our allies to see what they know."

"At this point, she considers all Downworlders suspects." Alisha says as Jace turns to her.

"That's casting a pretty broad net." Alec says.

"She can't possibly think any of our friends did this." Clary adds.

"And well, we'll prove that to her." Jace says and Alisha frowns.

"We shouldn't have too." She says. "We know that they didn't do this."

"And we will prove it." Jace informs his sister whilst grabbing her spare hand, the other still linked with Izzy's. "I promise." The young Herondale nods at her twin and he continues to speak. "Since Luke's DNA cleared him, we should collect samples from all of our friends to clear them as well. I'll make an Institute-wide announcement."

"I'll go talk to Simon." Clary says.

"Great." Jace responds

"I'll go see Raphael." Izzy says and Alec is quick to object.

"No." He states firmly, leaving no time to argue.

"Why not?" Jace voices Alisha's question. Alec and Izzy sigh in unison. "Am I missing something here?"

"Jace, I'm a yin fen addict." Isabelle says calmly and Alisha's eyes widen along with her blonde brother's.

"Excuse me?" He questions, shocked.

"Are you alright?" Alisha asks making Isabelle smile.

"It's a long story, but I'm better now. Not perfect, but better. Definitely good enough to hunt down whoever's murdering our people." She states and Alisha nods with a smile. Not a sympathetic one, a proud one.

"Okay." Jace says with a nod. "We'll take all the help we can get. Just report back with any leads, okay?" Jace nods and walks away. Alisha walks over to Jason and Isaac after seeing Alec glance at his sister.

"I'm going to go with Clary, don't let Alec kill Izzy." She says with a small smile.

"Cant make promises we can't keep." Isaac shouts after the Herondale girl making her smile as she runs after her finger friend.

After meeting with Clary outside the institute, the two shadowhunters walked to Jade Wolf and into Simon's container which he calls home. Clary sits on his bed after greeting her boyfriend with a kiss. Alisha hugs the vampire and stands by the door, feeling like Clary could tell Simon better than she could. Simon begins to clean some of his music stuff as Clary tells him why they're here.

"Luke did it. He gave a DNA sample. It was his idea. He knew it would clear him." She says after seeing Simon shake his head slightly.

"You know my Bubbie Helen?" Simon asks the two girls to which they nod immediately.

"Yeah, of course." She says and looks at Alisha who is nodding as well.

"When she was little, her family owned a bakery in Poland. One day, these soldiers came in and asked to put a star in the window. They wanted to know which shops were Jewish-run. You know, no big deal, for the records. Then they had to wear white armbands, and they couldn't ride the train. Then they were forced to ride the train. My Bubbie Helen was the only one in her family to survive." Simon says as he walks towards Clary. Alisha looks down sadly at the story the vampire says. Clary stands up from the bed.

"Simon. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize-" she tries but the Lewis boy shakes his head.

"That's why I can't do what you're asking. For her." He says looking between Clary and Alisha who immediately nod.

Alisha walks beside Clary as they strut down a street. The two shadowhunters left shortly after Simon shared his story. Alisha and the vampire caught up since they haven't seen each other much since all this drama. Suddenly, Clary's phone begins to ring and Alisha rolls her eyes, knowing it'll be Simon. Clary picks it up with a knowing smile.

"Hi, Simon." She says smugly as Alisha shakes her head. Alec isn't calling her every few seconds asking where she is.

"Where are you?" He asks both the girls, knowing Alisha can hear him. After hearing about what's happened with the fallen shadowhunters, he immediately became protective of his girlfriend and friend.

"Two blocks away from where we were when you called Clary 20 seconds ago." Alisha says bored-ly.

"You see, this is stupid. I shouldn't have let you convince me you were okay to walk home alone." Simon says.

"Yes but I'm very convincing." Alisha smirks triumphantly.

"We're fine. We'll be home in like..." suddenly, a figure hits Clary from behind making her fall over the small wall beside them and hit her head on the ground. Before Alisha can grab her seraph blade, the figure hits her harder making her fall from the shock. The hybrid head begins to spin and she listens to Simons worried voice from the phone.

"Clary? Alisha?" Simon says. "Hello? Hello?" The hybrid begins to get up the figure takes out a knife and slashes her side forming a deep gash. The Herondale winces and falls backwards. Clary, after seeing her friends weakened state, manages to hit her attacker.

"Alisha? Clary? Girls, are you okay?" Simon continues to stress, but Alisha is close to passing out from the blood loss and Clary is trying to activate her healing rune. The Fairchild was too weak and dropped her stele as she passes out along with the hybrid. The figure begins to drag Clary away from the unconscious hybrid and towards wherever she was heading. Simon, who immediately went looking for the two girl, notices the figure dragging Clary and speeds over, spooking the mystery person, making them run away. Simon's voice wakes Clary up making her look over at Alisha's pale body. They're in the streets again.

"Clary! Clary, you okay? Clary, can you hear me? Clary?" Simon shouts and looks over to Alisha after smelling a lot of blood. He gasps slightly and grabs a phone which was on the floor near him. He turns it on and sees a photo of Izzy and Alisha making a weird face with Alec in the background trying to contain his laugh. The Vampire quickly goes onto the 'emergency call' button and sees 'Alec' contact there. Quickly, he presses onto it and lets the phone ring.

"Hey, Alisha. I know you've probably heard about Magnus-" Alec's voice rings through the phone but Simon is quick to cut him off.

"It's not Alisha it's Simon. Simon Lewis. The vampire." He says, his voice breaking.

"I know who you are, now why do you have my girlfriends phone? And why do you sound so spooked?" The Lightwood boy asks.

"Someone attacked her and Clary and o don't know what to do." Simon rushes out. "Alisha's bleeding badly and Clary's unconscious."

"Where are you?" Alec says and the Lewis boy hears shuffling and Jace's voice in the background.

"The street beside the institute." Simon says and hears a door slam open.

"We'll be there soon." Alec says and ends the call. Soon enough, the Lightwood and Herondale are soon there. Alec immediately goes to his girlfriend, a stele in hand whilst Jace goes over to Clary. Alec takes his hands and places them on the side of Alisha's face, attempting to wake her up. When she makes no movement, he quickly activates her iratze making her gasp awake. The shadowhunter lifts up Alisha's top watching as the wound stitches itself up. Alisha sits up and places her head on Alec's chest as he wraps his arms around her, letting her snuggle into him. Her eyes begin to droop as she becomes tired but she refuses to let sleep engulf her. She looks over and sees an unconscious Clary, Jace and Simons worried faces looking down at her.

"Why isn't she awake?" She asks, her voice coming out croaky but she ignore it. Alec pulls the girl up, keeping his arms around her waist as she still looks pale.

"Her healing rune isn't working." Jace says and Simon lifts her into his arms. "We'll get her to the infirmary." He says and they walk off, Alec and Alisha following slowly behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.6K 35
𝐼𝑓 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ...
171K 3.6K 13
finished - august 27, 2017 In which they're forced to marry and might just end up being able to stand each other.
34.7K 637 20
just read
325K 7.4K 36
Almost seventeen years before Clary Fairchild came into everyone's lives, a young girl around one year old showed up on the steps of the New York Ins...