•45•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 9 ~ Bᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

As they walk out, they see Clary and Jace looking at the Fairchild's hand. Alisha immediately notices that more of it is burnt and frowns.

"She's not. You need to find Madzie." Luke says, obviously hearing the conversation before.

"Thankyou." Clary smiles at Alisha who smiles back.

"You don't need to thank me." Alisha says with a nod. Simon walks out.

"No problem. We'll take the van." Simon says responding to Luke's statement. The two boys get ready to leave.

"Luke? Alisha?" Clary questions.

"I gotta stay here. If Maia told the rest of the wolves what that Sword is capable of, you're in serious danger." Luke states.

"And I'm tracking Madzie with my brothers." Alisha says to which Clary nods.

"But, Luke..." Clary says, wanting Luke to be with her.

"No time to argue. Word travels fast. I'll catch up, after I stop the Downworld from coming after you." Luke says and Clary smiles at him. She quickly gives him a tight hug and then hugs Alisha.

"If I find anything I'll call." She says and Clary nods. "Be safe."

"Always am." Clary smiles and goes into the van. Alisha nods at Luke and quickly transforms. The wolf comes out, standing beside Luke, waiting until they've left until she leaves.

"Hey." Luke says to Jace and Simon as Clary gets in the van. "If anything happens to her..." Alisha growls slightly, the pair knowing it's a warning.

"It won't. Trust me, I'll protect her." Jace says.

"We'll protect her." Simon corrects.

"Just try to keep up." Jace says and walks into the van.

"Who does he think is driving?" Simon asks Luke making Alisha snort. After Simon starts driving the van, Alisha runs with it for as long as she can. Her eyes drift to Clary and Jace who are watching her through the window. As soon as she gets to a main road, the wolf casts one last glance at the Fairchild and runs off.

Alisha howls for her brothers after around an hour of looking around and finding no scent at all. Her howl echoes throughout New York, making almost everyone hear it. She hears two howls in the distance and quickly runs off in that direction. After a while of running, the white wolf runs into a small light brown wolf and larger dark brown wolf. She huffs and shakes her head, the same as what the others do. Alisha leans her head into Jason's side, desperately needing comfort. Jason leans his head on his sisters whilst Isaac nibbles his sisters feet. Both brothers try to make her happier but the both know that nothing will make her happy until Clary's safe. She sniffs and huffs, suddenly smelling something. Clary and Simon. Her brothers seem to notice it as well. Alisha wastes no time in running after the scent, her brothers following close behind. When she gets there, she sees Simon sitting on top of the van, Clary laying on top of him. The three wolves watch them kiss and as soon as they pull away, Alisha jumps on top of the van. Her claws digging into the metal, creating scratches, as she jumps up. When she gets there she immediate goes over to Clary and lays beside her, placing her face on the girls stomach and her tail over her legs. Using her good hand, Clary strokes her head whilst Simon rubs her back. Jason and Isaac stand on the floor, looking around for any danger. Alisha whines every time Clary winces. After a while of no movement, Alisha looks up and sees Clary closing her eyes slowly. She barks loudly, warning Simon who quickly intervenes.