•71•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 15 ~ A Pʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ ғ Mᴇᴍᴏʀʏ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 15 ~ A Pʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ ᴏғ Mᴇᴍᴏʀʏ

★ ★ ★

Alisha howls loudly as she sees Simon in the back of a police car, hoping to make Luke get to her as soon as he can. The two got separated as she turned down too many alleys. Not knowing if Luke knows where she is, the girl watches the car as she follows it without alerting anyone. The car consists of Luke's partner, Ollie, in the front driving whilst a handcuffed Simon sits in the back.

"They say the bad guy always goes back to the scene of the crime. I always thought it was a myth, but since I'd run out of leads, I thought, 'Hey, why not?' So why'd you do it?" Ollie questions, oblivious to the white wolf stalking them.

"I told you. It was an accident." Alisha hears Simon say.

"Right. So you just accidentally bit the woman and drained her of blood." Ollie states sarcastically.

"I can't help myself. I guess you can call it a compulsion." Simon says and Alisha cringes in her wolf form.

"Odd compulsion." Ollie states. "You know, I've seen plenty of different ways to kill people, but biting into a girl's feet? That's a new one." Simon looks at her confusedly.

"Her feet?" He questions. "No. That can't be right."

"The ME says the wounds below her ankle were the most recent." Ollie says as she continues to drive the car.

"I didn't do this." Simon states as he looks up.

"Excuse me?" She questions.

"Ever since I was a kid, feet have totally grossed me out. Even women's feet." Simon rambles.

"You know what grosses me out? Murder." Ollie spits.

"There's no way I could've done this. I didn't kill her." Simon argues.

"Seriously? An anti-foot fetish? That's your defense? If I were you, I'd come up with something more-" Simon cuts her off by breaking his handcuffs and escapes out of the car. Ollie turns around and gets out of the car as well. She looks around but Simon is gone. A trash can falls on the floor and she watches a white wolf rushing after Simon. She gasps, knowing she's probably right about her theory that werewolves exist.

Alisha follows Simon towards the Bleeder Den, a vampire bar. Her nose wrinkles in disgust as the stench of alcohol and blood fills her nose. She watches as Simon enters the club. Howling loudly to alert Luke to where she is. Alisha doesn't worry about how the people in the bar will here her because they're all probably too drunk or high on blood to even notice. She stays outside, transforming into her human form, knowing that if she went inside she'd probably the vampires new top priority and not even Simon the daylighter could save her. The hybrid pinpoints Simons voice as she listens from outside the club as she waits for her alpha to come over.