•6•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 2 ~ A Dᴏᴏʀ Iɴᴛᴏ Tʜᴇ Dᴀʀᴋ

★ ★ ★

Lydia is standing on the stairs orb the institute as she speaks to all the Shadowhunters. Her body stands tall and her look firm. Alec and Izzy stand side by side, watching with emotionless expressions.

"There's a clear pattern. Young, strong, highly-skilled fighters, all abducted from boxing clubs, dojos and gyms." The blonde shadowhunter says. Just then, Clary walks in. "Valentine must've realized that even with the Cup, creating Shadowhunters isn't easy. He needs mundanes who are more likely to survive the conversion."

"When did the briefing start? Nobody told me." Clary says slightly offended.

"That wasn't an accident." Isabelle answers.

"Your job is to stake out the potential targets, and catch the Circle members when they try to abduct them." Aldertree walks in as Lydia speaks. "We capture a Circle member, we have a shot at Valentine."

"And Alisha and Jace. That's how we get to him before they try and kill them." Alec says to Izzy who nods slightly.

"Just keep your cool in front of the boss." She nods at Aldertree and Lydia.

"You have your orders. Dismissed." Clary goes through the crowd to get to Lydia.

"Lydia. Lydia, please." She pleads. "You need all hands on deck. Let me help." Aldertree approaches them seeing Lydia's guilty gaze.

"Absolutely not." He states. "Your lack of training is a liability. Besides, you're too close to this." He and Lydia walk away. The blonde gives her a sad look and Jocelyn turns to Clary.

"This isn't coming from me." She says and walks away. Clary looks and sees Lydia and Aldertree talking so she goes to Alec and Izzy

"Izzy... Izzy, please. You wouldn't want to be benched on this. Let me come with you." Clary begs. Before Izzy can speak, Alec steps in.

"Did you not hear me before? There's no place for you here. Let's go Izzy." He says harshly leaving Clary standing their frozen. Alec walks away and Izzy gives Clary a look before she leaves too.

Jace and Alisha stand in the ship, watching humans stand in line to become Shadowhunters. Jace approaches one of them with Alisha following close behind.

"If you're thinking of trying to escape, don't. The wards around this ship would fry you like an egg." Jace says and the shadowhunter scoffs, turning to them both.

"I want to be here. I can't wait to get out and start killing Downworlders." He states making Alisha growl slightly. Jace places a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"Trust me. It's not as glorious as you think." Jace says lowly after seeing his friend get very angry.

"Screw glory. I want justice. I lost my father because of these monsters." The shadowhunter states.