•18•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 4 ~ Dᴀʏ ᴏғ Wʀᴀᴛʜ

★ ★ ★

Alisha looks at Magnus after Simon finished speaking. The warlock looks at the box in Raphael's hand. Suddenly, the hybrid phone rings. She pulls it out of her pocket and sees the ID is Izzy. The hybrid steps away and answers the call, putting the phone to her ear.

"Iz? You okay?" Alisha asks after answering the phone.

"Look, I know your with Magnus and he needed your help but there's a demon in the institute. We need your help, it's killing us one by one." Izzy says and an alarm blares in the background. Alisha looks behind her at Raphael who obviously hears what happened. The vampire nods and she mouths a thank you.

"Iz I'll be right there." She says and ends the call. "Magnus, could u portal me outside the institute, it's an emergency." The warlock nods and creates a portal.

"Be safe peanut." He says as she walks towards the portal.

"Always am!" She responds and steps through the portal. She ends out in front of the institute. The hybrid quickly rushes inside. She notices everyone gathered in the Ops centre so she rushes over there.

"Activate emergency surveillance. Victor's unreachable. I've ordered the Institute be put on quarantine until we kill this thing." Lydia states and everyone gets their weapons. Alisha walks over to Izzy who greets her with a hug. Alec walked over to his girlfriend, passing her a leg strap to place her weapons on. He knew she was coming, he was next to Izzy when she called Alisha.

"Hey, Lisha." Clary greets with a smile and Alisha smiles back. "But I don't get it. How did the demon get past the wards?"

"Same way it got in without setting off this." Izzy holds her necklace. "It must have some advanced cloaking ability. It hid in that dead body and let us do the rest."

"I didn't know demons could do that." Clary murmurs.

"None of us did Clary." Alisha comments and Alec nods.

"Until now, they couldn't. This new form of possession, cloaking ability, targeting the Institute, it's..." Alec looks down at Alisha and sees her tense. When she looks up at him he notices the scared, sad look in her eyes and his heart aches for her.

"Valentine. His experiments. My mom told me how he was determined to create a super-being that could defeat the Clave. It's what he tried to do with Jace and Alisha." Clary says, giving Alisha a sympathetic look.

"Both victims had damage to the prefrontal cortex. The demon must be feeding on negative emotions. Anger, hate, rage. Causing the host to violently act on those urges." Izzy states and Alisha shakes off her feelings, putting everything else first.