•35•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 7 ~ Hᴏᴡ Aʀᴇ Tʜᴏᴜ Fᴀʟʟᴇɴ

★ ★ ★

A cloaked figure is walking the streets of New York. They enter an industrial building and go into a room dark room. Inside the room, the Soul-Sword is on display. The figure pulls down their hood revealing their identity. It is Sister Cleophas. She stands tall, her circle rune on display.

"Most traitors are harder to catch." A male voice shouts from above. Valentine jumps down from a higher floor landing before Cleophas. "After all these years... why ignite your Circle rune, hmm? What's your game, Cleophas?"

"There is no game. I'm not a traitor. I did what I had to do after the Uprising, but I never stopped believing in you." Cleophas states carefully but authoritatively.

"You were all cowards. Giving up the minute you thought I was dead." Valentine spits.

"I had no choice. Becoming an Iron Sister was about survival. It was that or a death sentence." She states.

"You're following in your mother's footsteps. That's very sweet." Valentine smirks.

"When I met your daughter, and heard that you were alive, I knew there was hope. I knew I had a second chance." Cleophas says.

"And what do you know about Clarissa?" Valentine asks, suddenly intrigued.

"She created a rune. Valentine, in all my training, I've never seen anything like it. She's special." Cleophas informs.

"You expect me to take you at your word?" Valentine asks with a laugh.

"I will prove it to you." Cleophas says strongly.

In the industrial building, specifically a prison, an old man is being held in chains. Valentine stands in front of him and begins to speak.

"You know, old friend, I freed you from your entombment, granted you shelter, and this is what you do? Warning Clarissa is futile. You know that. I already have the Mortal Sword. The storm is coming, whether you like it or not. Leave my daughter alone." He spits with fury.

In the institute, Alisha and Clary are walking towards the Ops Center. Suddenly, the pair hear a distorted screaming. Alisha winces and grips the railing beside her as Clary covers her ears, both of them desperate to stop the screaming. Once it stops, the pair look around and see nobody else reacting to it. Clary approaches the first person she sees. It's a young woman they both know as Lindsay.