•33•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 6 ~ Iʀᴏɴ Sɪsᴛᴇʀs

★ ★ ★

In the New York institute, specifically the weapon centre, Jace is cleaning seraph blades, ridding them all of demon blood. Just before he finishes them all, more shadowhunters come in and put their swords down to be cleaned.

"Make it shine." One of them says with a smug expression making Jace groan.

Back in Aldertrees office, Jace throws down the cloth he's been cleaning the seraph blades with on the head of the institutes papers.

"I at least thought you'd last till the end of your shift." Aldertree smirks.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Jace asks, obviously annoyed. "I proved that I wasn't in league with Valentine, but you're still treating me like I was. And everyone else here is questioning my allegiance."

"As they should." Aldertree states smugly. He shows Jace a video on his tablet which was in front of him. The video is Aldertree questioning Jace in the City of Bones. It's the conversation where Jace states he couldn't be loyal to the Clave.

"Turn it off." Jace says aggressively and Aldertree stops the video. "What do you want from me?"

"It's my job to make sure our Shadowhunters are protected." Aldertree comments. "To do that, they must know the truth about you."

"You want me to leave. But you don't have the authority to kick me out, so you're making my life hell." Jace says. "And now you're trying to sabotage any shred of credibility I have left?" Aldertree stands up and faces Jace, trying to intimidate the blonde shadowhunter in front of him.

"If you choose to stay, I'll have no other choice but to show everyone who they're living with. Who they're fighting alongside." He smirks.

"Sister Cleophas," Clary begins as she, Alisha and Cleophas walk down the halls of the Citadel. "I don't wanna scare you, but I'm worried. It's Luke." Alisha inhales deeply as she looks down, also sharing the same concerns as Clary.

"Lucian?" Cleophas questions and Clary nods.

"He's the closest thing I've ever had to a father. But since my mother died–" Cleophas cuts Clary off.

"Jocelyn." She gasps out and turns to the pair. "I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Thank you." Alisha mumbles with the best smile she can master.