•36•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 7 ~ Hᴏᴡ Aʀᴇ Tʜᴏᴜ Fᴀʟʟᴇɴ

★ ★ ★

In the spare room in Magnus's apartment, Jace lies in bed, a Seelie, Kaelie, is sitting on top of him naked. Not feeling safe or happy in the institute, the blonde shadowhunter went to Magnus asking if he could stay. The high warlock not having the heart to turn away his new friend agreed to let him stay. Kaelie points to one of his runes on Jace's chest.

"What's this one do?" She asks. Jace glances at the tune and answers.

"Flexibility." He smirks and picks her up, lying her on her back on the bed so he's on top. Knowing the blonde shadowhunter wouldn't respond to the alert he was sent, Alec took it upon himself to retrieve the stubborn shadowhunter. He walks into the room after been let in by Magnus. Kaelie points to another rune.

"And this one?" She asks and Jace is quick to answer her question.

"Stamina." He says making the female Seelie smirk.

"Ooh, I like the sound of that." Her comment makes Jace smirk and lean down to kiss her. Alec, whose standing at the door, coughs awkwardly whilst rolling his eyes.

"We have orders. Let's go." He states, obviously fed up with his brother.

"I'm a little tied up." Jace says to alec after pulling away from his heated kiss with Kaelie.

"Not yet, you're not." The Seelie smirks and begins to sit up, looking over at Alec. "You're welcome to join us." She smirks. Jace grimaces whilst Alec groans.

"I'm good." He states looking anywhere but the couple.

"Your loss." She says and then looks at Jace. "I'll give you two a minute."Kaelie leaves the room just as Alec throws some clothes at Jace.

"This is your solution? Hiding out at Magnus'?" He asks whilst Jace puts on the jeans Alec threw at him.

"I wouldn't exactly call this hiding." Jace replies. 

"We have obligations." Alec replies.

"Obligations." The blonde scoffs. "Aldertree wanted me gone and I'm gone."

"So you got demoted. So what? You'll work your way back up." Alec states with a shrug of his shoulders.

"You don't understand." Jace sighs.