•32•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 6 ~ Iʀᴏɴ Sɪsᴛᴇʀs

★ ★ ★

Outside the Adamant Citadel, Alisha, Izzy and Clary are standing on the little bridge that goes into the pure energy pool. All the sisters are watching them. Clary and Izzy have changed into little white dresses whereas Alisha is still in her black leather jeans and jacket and white crop top from before since she refused to do the trial because of her demon blood - scared of what would happen to her if she set foot inside of the pool.

"Clary, you can't do this." Isabelle suddenly says. Alisha turns to look at the Lightwood with a small frown, slightly confused.

"Why not?" Clary asks, just as confused as the hybrid.

"You heard her. It's dangerous." Izzy comments making Clary give her a reassuring smile.

"The water only affects demonic energy. We'll be fine." She states, beginning to walk towards the water.

"But what if it's not fine?" Izzy asks, stopping Clary from moving forwards.

"You think I have demon blood. Like Jace." Clary scoffs and Izzy gives her a guilty look. "There's only one way to find out." Confidently, she walks down the stairs, and Magdalena stands next to Izzy and Alisha. The hybrid grips Izzy's hand, knowing she was only worried about the Fairchild. Clary lays down in the pool, facing the sky.

"Ignis aurum probat." Magdalena says and suddenly the water begins to bubble. Alisha and Izzy watch closely, ready to intervene if something bad happens. After a few seconds, a sparkling light surrounds Clary making the two shadowhunters let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. "Clary Fairchild, you are deemed clear of all demonic impurities." Magdalena informs everyone. Clary walks out of the pool, her dress now soaking wet. Alisha smiles at Clary as Isabelle walks into the pool, lying down just like Clary was before. "Ignis aurum probat." Magdalena repeats just as the water begins to bubble and a sparkling light goes all around Isabelle. Just as everyone thinks it's all okay, the water begins to turn black and starts bubbling more aggressively. Izzy gasps in pain making Alisha groan slightly. Cleophas looks at her worriedly but then noticed the black parabatai rune on her collar bone.

"Izzy! No!" Clary and Alisha shout. The hybrid quickly runs down into the water with Clary by her side.

"Alisha!" Cleophas shouts, knowing her demon blood will only make it all worse but the hybrid ignores her, too focused on saving Izzy to give a damn about herself.

"Give me your hand." Clary says to Izzy as the girls notice her head is beginning to go underwater. Izzy grips Alishas arm - the hybrid was right beside her in the water. Magdalena and Cleophas give each other a look after seeing the water not giving the same reaction to Alisha as they thought it would."Come on!" Clary shouts desperately as she and Alisha pull Izzy out of the water. The Lightwood stands up and holds on to the bridge and Alishas upper arm.