•19•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 4 ~ Dᴀʏ ғ Wʀᴀᴛʜ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 4 ~ Dᴀʏ ᴏғ Wʀᴀᴛʜ

★ ★ ★

Alisha separates herself from Clary and Izzy as she tries to find Jocelyn. The hybrid finds the older Fairchild making her way into her daughters room. She quickly stops herself though when she sees Alisha.

"Hey." She hugs the Lotova girl. "I've been meaning to talk to you."

"I know about Idris." Alisha quickly says making Jocelyn nod slowly.

"Well, that makes this easier." She mutters and then looks back at Alisha. "I want you to know that this is completely your choice, no one else's."

"You don't know how much I want to go but I can't leave New York. I know it must sound crazy but I feel like I belong here." Alisha comments. "Plus, I have my parabatai rune ceremony soon with Izzy." Jocelyn smiles at how happy the girl is here.

"It's not crazy sweetheart." She says, wrapping her arms around the younger girl. "You found your place, now I must find mine."

"I love you so much Jocelyn, I don't think I've ever said it but I do. Thank you for taking me and my brothers in." She smiles.

"Of course, it was an honour to watch you grow." Tears fill both their eyes.

"I'm not going to see you for a long time, will I?" Alisha asks and Jocelyn shakes her head.

"Not for a while, no, but you are in every way my daughter and nothing will stop me from seeing you." She says making tears fall down Alishas face. "I love you."

"Love you too." The two share a hug just as Clary walks up. "Goodbye." She says and then walks away, letting the mother and daughter speak.

"You caught me, being a helicopter mom, making sure there are no monsters under your bed." Jocelyn says after going into Clary's room.

"Well, given what that demon just did to Lydia, I don't blame you. I just saw her in the infirmary." Clary tells her mother.

"How is she?" Jocelyn asks kindly.

"She's hurt pretty badly, but she's gonna pull through." Clary answers and Jocelyn nods.

"It's nice to hear something positive." She says.

"Yeah. Mom. About Idris... There is a part of me that wants to come with you, but... I have to learn to stand on my own. And there are people here that I can't leave."Jocelyn strokes Clary's cheek with a smile in her face.