•80•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 18 ~ Aᴡᴀᴋᴇ, Aʀɪsᴇ, ᴏʀ Bᴇ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ Fᴀʟʟᴇɴ

★ ★ ★

"Hey Izzy, find Max yet?" Alisha asks after seeing the caller ID on her phone. The three still stand outside Simons container, hearing bangs every so often of Bat trying to escape.

"Yeah." The hybrid immediately hears the croaks in Izzy's voice. "I found him unconscious. He won't wake up."

"By the angel." Alisha says, holding off her own tears. "I'm coming down now okay, just let me..." she looks over at Simon and Maia and then back to the container where another loud bang erupts. "Damn it." She whispers away from the phone so Izzy can't hear. Maia and Simon look up at her sadly both of them hearing the conversation.

"No don't, you need to stay with your pack, you've chosen us over them too many times, plus it sound serious." She says. "Doctors are examining him right now, I'll keep you updated." Izzy ends the call and Alisha turns to look at Maia.

"Go." She says with a small smile and Alisha nods a thank you before running outside and towards the institute.

"Call me if he escapes!" She shouts at the two just before she leaves.

When Alisha gets to the medical ward part of the institute, she's met with Jace, Izzy, Robert and Maryse standing outside what she can only assume is Max's room. They all look up at the hybrid, shocked she's here.

"Alisha?" Izzy questions and the two parabatai look at each other. "What are you doing here? I thought you had a problem with the pack?"

"I did, but Maia and Simon have it under control." She states and pulls Izzy into a tight hug. "You think I'd let you do this alone?" Izzy begins to cry into Alisha's shoulder as the hybrid rubs her back. She smiles at the Lightwood parents and then nods at her brother. "It's okay." She sighs. Alec and Magnus then walk around the corner. The hybrid looks at Alec and sees his tires face and begins to feel guilty.

"In there." Jace points to Max's room and Magnus nods rushing inside.

"I'm gonna, go find Clary." Izzy says and walks off. Alisha goes over to her brother as the two hug each other, the pair of them worried about Max. Alec goes over to his mother who watches Alisha carefully.

"Why isn't that you she's hugging?" Maryse asks her son.

"I made a terrible mistake." He says simply as he sits beside his mom. Suddenly, Magnus walks out.

"Peanut, I need your help with something." He says and Alisha wastes no time in going inside. She immediately looks at the unconscious 12 year old in the middle of the room. She gasps slightly.

"We want you to try  and take his pain." Brother Enoch says through their minds. Alisha nods and walks over to Max, sitting beside him on his bed and gently grabs his arm. Her eyes flash golden as she attempts to take some pain away from Max, but there's no pain to take.

"He's not in pain." She says to the two others in the room. They nod at her.

Max? Alisha says in his head but there's no response. The three of them walk out of Max's room, Magnus' hand on Alisha's shoulder. The Lightwoods, the only ones there, all stand up and walk towards the group. Alisha immediately pulls Izzy into her embrace, knowing the girl needs some sort of comfort.

"His injuries are too severe. Max's only hope for recovery now lies with Brother Enoch." Magnus states after seeing all their hopeful looks. Alec looks at Alisha but she shakes her head.

"If it helps, he's not in any pain." She says softly and Robert nods at her as a thank you.

"There's gotta be something, anything." Alec says, as he looks at Magnus.

"Brother Enoch." Maryse says to the silent brother who nods and begins to go back into Max's room.

"No." Alec says, his voice cracking slightly as he stops the Silent Brother from doing any further.

"Alec, I know you're scared." Maryse says as she pulls her son away from Brother Enoch. Alisha and Izzy stand side by side, watching carefully. "We all are. But if Max is going to have any chance, we need to let Brother Enoch do this. Now." Brother Enoch goes back in again and closes the door. Everyone sits down again, except Alisha and Alec. The hybrid walks over to him and grips his hand in hers. Their fight out on hold as she realises he needs her now more than ever. The girl rubs her thumbs over his knuckles with a small yet obviously fake smile. The Lightwood looks down at their intertwined hands and removes his hand from hers, patting her arm gently in the process as he goes to sit with his family.

A little while later, Jace comes running in, shocking everyone. He rushes over to Alec who leans on the wall by Max's room. The Lightwood looks at him confused.

"Where is he? What happened?" Jace questions and Alisha steps forwards. Alec glances at the hybrid as she worriedly looks at her brother.

"What are you talking about?" Alec asks, his voice hoarse.

"Max. I... I got your text." He stutters. Immediately figuring it out, Alisha rushes off to try and find Jonathan. Alec watches her leave.

"What text?" Alec questions.

"Jonathan. Sound the alarm." Jace says, also realising. Alec pulls out his phone and presses a button which is meant to sound the alarm as Jace runs after his sister. It comes up with 'system failure' making Magnus step forwards.

"Son of a bitch." He says before running after Jace and Alisha. Magnus and Robert go into Max's room, wishing to protect him if anything bad happens.

In the Ops Centre. Alisha runs up with Clary who is watching Sebastian leave. She runs up to the red head just as she looks at the electrum in her hand. The electrum is something that they're using to track down Jonathan since he is basically allergic to it. The two girls study the few drops of blood on the rock and quickly run after Sebastian.

"Sebastian. Hey." Clary says and Sebastian turns around to face Clary and Alisha. "Hey, you forgot something." She states whilst Alisha grabs his wrist and turns it around. A big red burn on the palm of Sebastian's hand becomes visible. With his other hand, Sebastian pushes a red button on the wall which makes the electricity crackles. Clary takes her dagger and pierces Sebastian. The security doors close between part of the hall and the entry doors.