•28•

Dᴏᴇsɴ' Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ

Dᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ

★ ★ ★

Alisha stares at herself in the mirror in her room. The hybrid pulls her black crop top down so it rests just above her belly button. She then straightens out the black mini skirt she's wearing and then fastens her black combat boots. Knocks fill her ears so she quickly opens the door to see both her brothers standing there. She smiles and lets them into her room. It was quite easy for her to convince Aldertree to let the two werewolves into the institute, all she needed to do was walk into his office with a seraph blade in hand and then threaten to stab him multiple times.

"You excited?" Jason asks as he passes his sister a black leather jacket to match her fully black outfit. She smiles at him gratefully as she places it on carefully.

"More like nervous." She mutters and looks back in the mirror to check she looks okay.

"That's probably normal considering what your doing." Isaac says comfortingly making the hybrids shoulders slightly less tense. She smiles at him through the mirror and he gladly returns the gesture.

"You sure you want to do this?" Jason asks his younger sister after she turned around. Even though Alisha was nervous, she knew that she wanted to do this. So the hybrid nods and begins to walk towards the training room.

Isabelle stands in the training room beside both her brothers, mother and father. She watches the door nervously, waiting for a certain Lotova to walk through. Alec places a hand on his sisters shoulder, seeing her stress. She looks up at him gratefully but then turns back around after hearing someone walk through the doors. They all watch as Jason, Isaac and Alisha walk through. As soon as Izzy sees the hybrid, she lets out a sigh in relief and discards her leather jacket, just like Alisha does. Alec smiles as he watches his girlfriend and sister walk towards each other. He stands beside his mother and watches as his father and Jason walk towards the two girls. It's compulsory for the eldest male in the family to be present when their family member is becoming parabatai with someone.

"You ready?" Izzy asks and Alisha smirks.

"As always." She answers and they walk towards Aldertree who holds a stele in his hand. He nods at Izzy, making Alisha frown but she chooses to ignore it.

"You two will now receive the parabatai rune." He states loudly and watches as the girls make their collar bones available. Before the ceremony, Izzy and Alisha decided that they would have their parabatai rune on their collar bone - away from Alishas werewolf scars. "You two ready?" He asks and the pair nod. He goes to Isabelle first, tracing the stele over her collar bone. Alisha watches as a red mark, just like the one on Alec and Jace's lower abdomen, appears. She looks up and sees Izzy's face scrunches up in pain. Once he finishes Izzy's rune, Aldertree walks over to Alisha and gives her the same rune in the same place. She winces quietly once the stele hits her skin. Izzy looks back at her family who all wear encouraging smiles. She then looks over at Alishas family who wear similar smiles on their faces. When Aldertree finishes Alishas rune, he turns to the silent brother to take over the ceremony.

"Isabelle Lightwood, Alisha Lotova please step inside the circle." A silent brother states and gestures the outline of a circle which the girls walk into. As soon as they are in the circle, they grip each other's arms and the outline of the circle suddenly burst into blue flames. The hybrid flinches slightly after seeing the flames suddenly appear but when she sees Izzy's ensuring gaze, she calms down and lets a smile grace it's way into her features. Jace and Clary stand by the entrance, watching the ceremony with small smiles. "You two will now recite the parabatai oath." The silent brother announces after Alisha grips Izzy's arm and Izzy grips Alishas in return.

"Entreat me not to leave me," Isabelle starts with a smile. "or to return from following after thee."

"For whither thou goest, I will go. And where thou lodgest..." Alisha continues after taking a breath.

"Thy people will be my people, thy God will be my God." Izzy says as their grip on each other tightens.

"When thou diest, I will die. And there will I be buried. The Angel do so to me." Alisha says, her blue eyes never leaving Izzy's brown ones.

"And more also, if aught but death part thee and me." Izzy finishes with a smile. Suddenly, the two new parabatai feel a short burning sensation where their new runes are making them wince slightly. The flames die down, but they don't let go of each other's arms. The burn begins to fade and they let go of each other's arms. They quickly embrace each other in a tight hug whilst their family walks over. Once they pull away, the pair go over to their family. Jason places a kiss on his sisters forehead whilst Isaac wraps his arms around his sisters figure. Alisha looks at their proud faces and smiles a toothy grin. The hybrid suddenly feels something on her waist making her swiftly turn around. She sees Max, the youngest Lightwood, hugging her hips. She smiles and bends down in front of him.

"Hiya." She smiles and Max wraps his arms around her shoulders.

"Welcome to the family." He murmurs into her shoulder making her smile grow even wider. She returns the hug, looking up to see Izzy and Robert smiling, Alec staring proudly and a quite guilty looking Maryse watching the encounter.

"Max." Robert states after a while, making Max look over. Alisha ruffles his hair just before he rushes I've rot his father. Alec walks over a presses a short but sweet kiss on Alishas lips. He's about to say something until Maryse walks over. He nods at his mother and walks over to his sister.

"I believe I owe you an apology." She states making Alisha smile slightly. "I don't mean what I said, I was just angry." Maryse says, referring to Alec's not so successful wedding. Alisha looks down but quickly looks back up at the woman in front of her.

"It's fine-" Alisha begins but Maryse shakes her head profusely.

"It's not." She says firmly. "I hold nothing against you or your family."

"Thankyou." Alisha says as Maryse brings the girl into a short hug.

"Well," Mary's starts. "I couldn't be mad at you any longer, since your a part of my family now."