•57•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 12 ~ Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Nᴏᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Oᴡɴ

★ ★ ★

Jace knocks on Magnus's door as the two blonde Shadowhunters stand outside the warlocks apartment. The door opens to reveal a much more happier and more Magnusy Magnus. He smiles at the pair who look so much alike.

"Alisha. Jace. Thank you so much for coming." He smiles and Alisha smiles back, just as Jace does.

"Yeah, of course." The pair smile and walk into the apartment, Magnus patting Jace's back as they walk through.

"Uh, so what's this surprise you want us to help plan for Izzy? Hope there's liquor involved." Jace jokes and Alisha smiles until she sees Magnus's sly smile.

"What's up?" Alisha asks the warlock.

"Nothing. It's just nice being like this. Like... friends. It's a shame that it has to end." Magnus walks away for a bit.

"What?" Jace asks and steps in front of Alisha, sensing something off. Magnus turns around and throws a fireball at Jace and Alisha making them both be in handcuffs. Alisha frowns and then it suddenly hits her.

"They switched." She says and looks at 'Magnus' with hatred. The man smirks evilly.

"Who did?" Jace asks confused.

"That's Valentine, and Magnus is in the basement." She says and Jace furrows his brows in fury. She watches as 'Magnus' chants a spell he must have learnt from another warlock. Jace looks at the girl worriedly.

"If your hiding some super hero worthy powers with that angelic blood of yours, now might be a great time to use them." Jace whispers and Alisha glares at him.

"What do you think I'm doing?" She spits but both of them stop bickering once they see the cell with 'Valentine' in. They look and see the inquisitor standing by him ready to execute him. Alisha goes to do something but the cuffs restrict her. She then turns her attention to Alec who is walking out of the cell.

"Hello, Alec." 'Magnus' says making the shadowhunter look up swiftly and see a hologram of the warlock standing in between his parabatai and his girlfriend.

"Alec, they switched. Valentine is Magnus, he wasn't lying." Alisha says quickly making the Lightwood rush back into the cell immediately to see Imogen with a dagger in hand. They all hear 'Valentine's' muffled pleas. Alec runs to 'Valentine' and throws himself in front of him.