•86•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 20 ~ Bsɪᴅᴇ Sᴛɪʟʟ Wᴀᴛᴇʀ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 20 ~ Bᴇsɪᴅᴇ Sᴛɪʟʟ Wᴀᴛᴇʀ

★ ★ ★

Alisha looks up confusedly only to be met with Alec grunting and gasping in pain as he feels Jace's pain going through his own body. Magnus turns away from the screen and to Alec whilst Izzy and Alisha stand beside him.

"Alec? Are you alright?" Magnus questions. Alec pulls up his shirt, his parabatai rune is burning making Alisha frown and shake her head in denial.

"No." She whispers, now knowing why the connection cut off.

"His parabatai rune." Isabelle states as they watch the rune slowly fade away.

"It's..." Alec grunts and begins to see flashbacks of when he was young.

A Young Alec shoots and arrow at a target, but misses and almost hits young Jace. The blonde holds his hands up in a non threatening manner.

"Jace." Alec shouts out in pain making Alisha rush forwards. She tries to take the pain but she can't, since it's technically Jace's pain. Alec sees another flashback.

It's the moment Alec and Jace became parabatai. They stand opposite each other as a blue flame circles around them. There hold each other's forearms.

In the present, Alec falls to the ground in pain. Alisha, Izzy and Magnus rush to him. Alec has more flashbacks.

Jace hugging Alec after escaping Valentines ship and thinking his parabatai was dead.

Alec comforting a crying Jace after Clary snapped at him about him being emotionless. Alec screams out in pain and the institute falls silent. He continues to groan and scream in pain. Suddenly, he begins gasping for air. Alisha, Magnus and Izzy stay kneeled down by him. Alec pulls up his shirt once again, looking for his parabatai rune only to find it disappeared.

"I... I can't feel him. He's dead." Alec comments, still regaining his breath. His voice cracks slightly as he tries not to cry. Alisha and Izzy share a look, the pair of them noticing each other's silent tears.

"No." Alisha says, standing up and walking away from them. Izzy wraps her arms around her brother whilst Magnus goes over to Alisha.

"Peanut." Magnus sighs.

"No. No. I've lost Jason and Isaac and I can't lose him too." She cries.