•73•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 16 ~ Dᴀʏ ғ Aᴛᴏɴᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 16 ~ Dᴀʏ ᴏғ Aᴛᴏɴᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

★ ★ ★

Valentine escaped.

Alisha is with the pack.

She hasn't had contact with Alec.

She was ordered not to.

The hybrid walks with Maia towards Simons container. Both of them are ordered, the whole pack in fact, to not have any contact with the shadowhunters at all. Although Alisha was against it, she was ordered and she couldn't go against her alphas order. When the two get to his container, Maia knocks on the door.

"Hello?" She asks. When there is no answer, she opens the door and the two enter.

"Hello? Anybody alive in here?" Alisha questions and there is grunting coming from the bed.

"Or anybody dead in here?" Maia jokes as the two approach the bed and find Simon moping around. "Oh, my God. Hey, what's the point of being a Daylighter if all you do is mope around in the dark?"Alisha rips off the curtain and light shines in the room.

"I don't know. I'm starting to think there isn't a point." Simon states depressingly.

"Have you been sending e-vites out to this pity party?" Maia sits down on the bed, Alisha following her actions. "Luke told me about what happened with Clary. You wanna talk about it?"

"If I say no, would you go away?" Simon questions and Alisha shakes her head, knowing the werewolf wouldn't budge.

"Probably not."she says.

"I was torn up about everything that happened with Clary. I fed on a mundane." Simon tells the werewolf.

"Look, nobody said being a Downworlder would be easy. We all make mistakes, especially when it comes to love. You just need something to clear your head." Maia pauses. "Happy hour at the Hunter's Moon."

"No, thanks. That's what got me in this mess. Besides, I'm fasting for Yom Kippur." Simon comments.

"Oh." She says.

"It's the Jewish Day of Atonement. Essentially, you don't eat anything to atone for your sins for the past year. And judging my last year, I have a lot to atone for." Simon informs.

"But you're gonna go to temple? I mean, you're a vampire. Isn't that some sort of fire hazard?" Maia questions.

"No, it's just a family dinner. My Bubbie Helen's coming in from Florida, so I have to go." Simon goes to his closet to pick out a tie. "Besides, wasn't it you just saying I needed something to help clear my head?"