•78•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 17 ~ A Dᴀʀᴋ Rғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 17 ~ A Dᴀʀᴋ Rᴇғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

★ ★ ★

Alisha and Luke stand side by side in Magnus' apartment. The two met outside Magnus' and walked in together. The warlock and hybrid greeted with a tight hug whilst Luke and Magnus just shared a handshake. They walk into the living room whilst Luke tells them what happened equally shocking the pair of them.

"So you're telling me your sister's still alive? I don't understand what this has to do with the Downworld." Magnus asks.

"Cleophas sent me this fire message." The alpha says, showing the pair the fire message. "It appears that Valentine is holding her captive. Magnus, she said he still has the Soul-Sword."

"What?" Magnus questions whilst Alisha shakes her head.

"That's impossible." She says. "The Clave has it."

"Look, I thought the same thing, but the Clave lied." Luke tells his daughter who frowns.

"You have to tell Alec." Magnus tells Alisha. Luke looks at the hybrid with a sad smile.

"Wait. Alec is Head of the Institute. He might already know." Luke states, whilst looking down.

"No, I just saw him." Alisha states. "He would've told me if he knew. He would never keep something this important from me." She says but Luke just watches her sadly, both downworlders knowing that he did in fact keep it from her. Th hybrid walks out of Magnus' and back to the institute, wishing that the two were wrong and Alec didn't know.

Alisha walks into Alec's office to find the Lightwood sitting in a chair as he works. The door was open so Alisha just knocks on the doorframe.

"Hey." Alec smiles at his girlfriend but that smile disappears when he sees her confused expression

"Hi." She says as she walks closer to Alec. "We need to talk."

"Is everything okay?" Alec asks as he panics.

"I thought so, but now I'm not so sure." She says.

"What's going on? What happened at Magnus'?" He questions. He takes the tablet off of his lap and holds it in his hands as he sits up straight.

"Luke said the Clave hasn't got the Soul Sword." Alisha says getting straight to the point. "He then said that you probably knew because you were the head of the institute. But I couldn't believe that, no. Because you'd never lie to me right?" The hybrid questions. Alec stands up.

"Alisha..." He begins.

"So you knew." She laughs emotionlessly.

"I can explain." He tries. "I just found out, I swear."

"When? When did you know?" She questions. "The night you gave me this ring?" She holds up her hand with the promise ring on. "The night you promised to never lie to me. Did you know then?"

"I didn't. I promise I didn't." Alec states.

"Ah okay then. So you lied after you promised you'd never lie to me?" Alisha sums up making Alec go silent. "Okay." She sighs, obviously getting her answer.

"Look, I was worried that if the Downworld found out, there'd be widespread panic. It could've led to a rebellion." Alec states.

"And you didn't trust me to stay quiet?" Alisha asks. "Alec I love you! I'd do anything for you and I've proved that in the past! So why couldn't you trust me to stay quiet?"

"I didn't say that. I didn't wanna ask you to have to keep a secret from your own people. That wouldn't be fair to you." Alec says.

"Oh. You're just like the Clave, making promises you never intend to keep. Oh, transparency?" Alisha questions.

"Alisha, Alisha, let's not make this personal." Alec comments, his voice becoming slightly louder.

"How the hell can I not make it personal? Valentine wants the downworld dead! He wants my family dead! He wants me dead! He wants all of us dead." Alisha shouts.

"I know." Alec says whilst holding up a finger.

"I trusted you." She begins. "I trusted you when you said you'd love me forever, that you never lie to me again. I fucking trusted you and you threw that all out of the window because you couldn't trust me to keep quiet!" Tears flow freely down her face making Alec feel even worse. "You lied to me."

"Alisha, I didn't..." Alec trails off.

"Like father like son I guess." She states, taking the ring off and placing it on his desk before storming out of his office.

"That's not fair." Alec says before she leaves but she doesn't even turn around. "Hey." He shouts after her. "That's not fair. Alisha!"

Alisha storms back into Magnus' apartment where Lula and Magnus were waiting. They'd knew she'd come back as soon as she found out the truth. They look up when the door slams shut and notices her tear stained cheeks. Luke begins to go over to her but she begins to pace making the two downworlders she calls family watch.

"He promised to never lie to me." She states. "And I was so naive to believe him." She laughs humorously.

"Peanut..." he says as her fists clenched and her eyes flash a forest green colour. Magnus was furious. He classed Alec as one of his good friends and for him to not tell him or even Alisha? The warlock couldn't believe it.

"Alisha, calm down." Luke states authoritatively but she ignores him and continues to pace whilst she becomes more and more angry.

"Was he ever gonna tell me? Or was he just going to lie to me forever?" She questions. 

"I don't know. Look, he didn't tell you–" Luke tries but his daughter cuts him off.

"I trusted him more than anyone! And this what happens?" She shouts, her eyes going forest green again as she growls.

"Hey, I know you're hurting. I get it. And I'm sorry, but you gotta settle down. We don't need an angry wolf running around the city ripping off peoples heads." He says.

"No, now is not the time for settling down." Alisha shouts and begins to walk out but Luke grabs her arm.

"Yes, it is. Alec is trying. Trust me, he's on our side. He would never do anything to hurt you." He says calmly to Alisha who just stares at him. "As much as I hate to admit it, you two were made for each other. Don't let a small mistake get in the way of that."

"A small mistake?" Alisha repeats, pulling her arm away from Luke's grasp. "You know what? I'm done." She says before storming out of the apartment and transforming into her wolf self, avoiding any mundanes that come her way as she attempts to let off some steam.