•76•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 17 ~ A Dᴀʀᴋ Rғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 17 ~ A Dᴀʀᴋ Rᴇғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

★ ★ ★

Alisha wakes up the next morning to an empty bed. She sighs and then looks at her new ring on her finger. The hybrid smiles brightly as she sits up, making sure the sheet covered her chest even though the room was empty. The Herondale walked over to the bathroom after picking up her outfit for the day. After changing and going to the toilet, she quickly did some light makeup and went off to find Alec. As suspected, he was in his office with his younger brother.

"Max!" Alisha smiles at the boy she mow sees as a younger brother. The youngest Lightwood turns around and sees the hyrbrid making him smile brightly.

"Allie!" He squeals and runs over to the girl, wrapping his arms around her waist. She smirks and wraps her arms around his body. Alec smiles when he sees the ring on her finger but also at the interaction between his brother and his girlfriend. He couldn't be happier that Max and Alisha clicked the first time they met. "Guess what Alec was just telling me!" Max jumps up and down excitedly.

"What?" Alisha asks as she bends down to kneel in front of Max.

"The Clave is sending me on my first mission!" He smiles.

"That's great!" Alisha says to the younger boy who hugs her once again.

"You sure your ready?" Alec asks his brother as Alisha stands up.

"I've been ready since the day I got here." Max states which makes both teens smile.

"Well, then you better get your butt over to training. You know how much our sister hates tardiness." Alec says and Max nods, quickly running out of the room just as Clary and Jace walk in.

"Any sign of Jonathan?" Alec asks the two who shake their heads.

"No, we tracked the box itself, but it was a dead end." Jace says. Max stands by the door and listens to the conversation. Alec gives him a look whilst Jace, Clary and Alisha just stare at the young boy who walks off for good this time.

"So Valentine sent Duncan to steal a pair of baby booties?" Alec questions.

"Someone did. Someone who wanted to circumvent us from tracking Jonathan." Jace says.

"And now we have no leads on either of them. We've got nothing." Clary says.

"Actually, we have less than nothing." Alec says making Alisha nudge him.