•40•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 8 ~ Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs Dᴇᴠɪʟ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 8 ~ Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Dᴇᴠɪʟ

★ ★ ★

Izzy stands surrounded by Eloise and a group of vamps in the dark alley. She looks around, her body shaking and sweating.

"What do you need, Shadowhunter?" Eloise asks.

"Look, I'm not here to hurt anyone. I just need a little... venom." Izzy says timidly.

"Someone's been a naughty girl." Eloise and some vampires laugh. "All out of yin fen? That's okay. You can have a little venom... I'm just gonna need a lot of blood." The vampires start hissing and come closer. They grab Izzy who tries to pull away, realising how much danger she's in.

"You're quick, but not quick enough." Eloise smirks.

"Forget the venom." Izzy states harshly.

"Too late, pretty thing." She smirks evilly and goes to bite Izzy. Just before her teeth pierce the Shadowhunters' neck, the vampire is pulled back by Raphael.

"Release the Shadowhunter. On my orders." He commands making all the vampires run off. Izzy falls down into Raphaels' arms. Her hand begins to shake once again.

"I thought you hated me." Izzy asks.

"Call it an intense dislike." Raphael smiles slightly.

"So why are you helping me?" Izzy asks confused.

"I don't know." Raphael responds just as confused as she is. He pick Izzy up and places her on a car hood beside them.

"The pain... it's everywhere." Izzy winces.

"What did you think yin fen would do to you?" Raphael asks rhetorically.

"I need something... something to stop it." Izzy states, stuttering.

"What you need to do is sweat it out. Okay, over time, you'll be better off. You need to be strong." Raphael tries but Izzy shakes her head.

"I can't." She complains.

"You have to." Raphael tries again but Izzy shakes her head. She grabs Raphaels' jacket.

"I swear, I'll never ask again." She says. Raphael hesitates.

"Just this once." He says quietly and looks up at the sky. "Forgive me."Raphael bites in Izzy's wrist making the Lightwood sigh in relief and comfort.