•82•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 19 ~ Hᴀɪʟ ᴀɴᴅ Fᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ

★ ★ ★

In Alec's office, Imogen Herondale is video chatting with Alec, Jace and Clary as they tell her about the true Sebastian Verlac's dead body they found. Alec sits in his seat whilst Jace stands behind him and Clary beside him.

"Have you notified the Verlac family yet?" The inquisitor asks.

"The Penhallow daughter, Aline, will deliver the message in person, Madam Inquisitor." Alec states.

"Defiling the body of a fallen soldier and turning it into a booby trap is sadly par for the course for Valentine, isn't it?" Madam Inquisitor says.

"A possessing demon wouldn't have done this on its own. The trap could only have been set using the Mortal Cup to command it." Alec comments.

"So he had it all along." Imogen states.

"And our intel shows he's also in possession of the Mortal Sword." Alec adds.

"Do you have any good news for me today, Mr. Lightwood?" The inquisitor asks.

"Valentine and Jonathan believe that the New York Institute is in possession of the Mortal Mirror. They won't leave the city without it." Alec says positively.

"Thank the Angel that at least he wasn't able to find that." Imogen says.

"We were." Alec turns to the red head. "Clary?"

"My connection with the Angel led us to it. It's in Idris. The Mirror is Lake Lyn." Clary tells the institute.

"That's the very same water that Raziel first rose from. Who else knows about this?" Imogen asks.

"Unfortunately, the number of people we can trust is getting smaller by the day although we have told Alisha." Jace says. "We thought it'd be best to tell you first. And we'd like to officially request soldiers from the Gard to be placed in the surrounding woods around the lake. It may only be a matter of time before Valentine realizes he's been had."

"I'll speak to Consul Malachi about deployment at once." She says. "Now where is Alisha, I though here be with you?" The three young shadowhunters look at eachother awkwardly.

"She's with her pack, trying to calm them down." Jace speaks up, seeing his parabatai's speechlessness.

"Okay. Good hunting." She says and ends the call.