•4•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1 ~ Tʜɪs Gᴜɪʟᴛʏ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

Alisha stands beside Jace as they walk up to Valentine who is watching his men train. The Lotova stands tall, not wanting to give Valentine the satisfaction that he won.

"Left! Right! Left! Right!" Someone shouts at the two young shadowhunters walk up to the Morgenstern.

"Impressive, aren't they?" He asks the pair, sensing they're behind him. "But they still don't have the inherent gifts that you two have. You took to a seraph blade the way a baby takes to a bottle. And you are stronger, stealthier, smarter than others." He says to the pair. They wear annoyed looks.

"What kind of father experiments on his son with pure demon blood?" Jace asks angrily.

"A father with perspective. We both want the same thing. To save this world from demons." Valentine states.

"The Clave fights demons." Alisha reminds with a snarl.

"The Clave has grown soft, protecting Downworlders with the Accords. All Downworlders, one day, will give in to their violent tendencies. It's unavoidable. Even a single drop of demon blood running in your veins, makes you threat to humanity." Valentine spits, focusing on Alisha.

"No, no, I know plenty of Downworlders who play by the rules. They control their urges." Jace says, seeing how Valentine's words got to Alisha.

"Ah, you're thinking of Lucian Graymark, the Lotova siblings, warlocks like Magnus Bane, and even... Clarissa's little vampire friend Simon? No matter how good they try to be, Downworlders cannot control their demonic blood forever." Alisha growls at Valentine.

"If that blood is so evil, why did you put it in me?" Jace asks slightly confused but still angry.

"To fight fire with fire." He leads the two to the side of the ship. Alisha studies the railing whilst Jace looks over the edge. The two are trying to find a way to escape. "I wouldn't jump if I were you."

"Luckily your not us." Alisha whispers making Jace's lips curl up slightly.

"Why? Because we're your ultimate weapons?" Jace asks annoyed. Valentine smirks, grabbing someone that is walking by and holds him agains the air surrounding the ship. There is a ward burning his face off and when Valentine pulls him away his face is half gone. The man slumps to the floor, dead. "This warlock is infamous for crimes against mundanes. There's something else I want you to see." Valentine states and walks off with Alisha and Jace slowly following behind.