•68•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 14 ~ Tʜᴇ Fᴀɪʀ Fᴏʟᴋ

★ ★ ★

In the Institue, Alisha, Alec and Jace are meeting up in the Ops centre. The Herondale's are telling Jace about their mission in the Seelie realm. The three of them stand around a table. Alisha stands beside her boyfriend, his hand on her lower back. As soon as they walked in without Clary, Alec senses something was wrong with the pair of them.

"So the Seelie Queen didn't help Kaelie? It was actually a Seelie knight, who is now dead?" Alec questions Jace who is sat on a chair opposite him and his girlfriend.

"Yeah, the queen's hands are technically clean on this one. I think there's more to it, though." Jace states.

"What makes you say that?" Alec questions.

"I don't know. Call it a gut feeling." Jace responds.

"Okay. Well, I'll have the Clave keep a closer eye on the Seelies." Alec states.

"Right." Jace says as he looks at the floor.

"Are you two all right? You both seem distracted." Alec asks the siblings. Alisha turns and nods at him, signalling that she'll tell him later to which he nods. Alisha sniffs and smells Clary walking towards them, without giving a reason she walks off only to bump into a distressed crying Clary in the hallway. Immediately, the hybrid wraps her arms around the Fairchild, letting her sob quietly into her shoulder.

"Oh Ree." She sighs, rubbing her back. "I'm so sorry but it'll be okay." She whispers comforting things into her ear, attempting to calm the girl down. Clary abruptly pulls away from Alisha and begins to storm off to her room.

"Clary." Jace's voice stops her from moving. Not wanting to intrude, the hybrid kisses Clary's forehead before rushing out of the institute and towards Jade Wolf to find Simon.

Two gentle knocks on Simons container fills the air around the hybrid. She smells the vampire in the room and knocks again, hoping he'll answer. "Simon." Alisha says carefully. "It's me, Alisha." The door opens slowly to reveal a depressed looking Simon with tears falling down his cheeks. The girl sighs and quickly holds up a carrier bag. "I brought the Star Wars films and," she pulls out a full bottle of whiskey out of her back. "alcohol." Simon moves aside so she can step inside. Once he closes the door, he looks over at the girl who is turning on the relatively small T.V in the corner of the room.

"Why?" He asks quietly making Alisha stop moving and sigh. She turns to Simon.

"Remember when we were 14, you got a D- on your physics paper. You came running into my room and at first I thought someone had died." She smiles at the memory slightly. "So I suggested we did a Star Wars marathon since it was the weekend. You agreed so we went and told our parents and then ran upstairs with popcorn and loads of snacks in our hands and began to watch ever single Star Wars movie. By the end of it you were so happy and I never wanted to see you that sad again, so I thought this would help." Simon smiles slightly as Alisha puts on Star Wars: A New Hope. "Now I've called Alec and told him that I wouldn't be home until some point tomorrow and to not worry cause you know what he's-" she's cut off by Simon wrapping his arms around the girl.

"Thankyou." He says genuinely and Alisha smiles.

"Of course." She returns the hug just as the film begins to play. "Now lets watch." She smiles and pulls him onto the canoe which was laid out in front of the television. Alisha grabs the bottle of whiskey, pulling another out of the bag and pauses it to Simon.

"Should I be worried about where you got this?" Simon questions with a small smile. The girl shushes him mischievously making him laugh slightly. She pulls the lid off just like Simon does and then holds it up in a 'cheers' sort of way.

"To old times." She smiles and Simon smiles back.

"To old times." They clink their bottles together and bring the whiskey up to their lips, taking a mouthful of it. Alisha winces at the burning feeling as it slides down her throat. She turns to see Simon doing the exact same. "Why whiskey?" The vampire asks and Alisha shrugs.

"You can't have snacks anymore and due to certain circumstances, I thought alcohol would be the best option." Alisha shrugs.

"Well thanks." He smiles and Alisha nods, turning back to the T.V as the pair watch Star Wars for the rest of the night.

★ ★ ★

I know this is a short chapter but I thought I'd show Alisha's and Simons friendship since they haven't really spent much time together. I actually love this chapter despite how it's supposed to be sad but i thought it was cute. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting.