•43•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 8 ~ Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs Dᴇᴠɪʟ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 8 ~ Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Dᴇᴠɪʟ

★ ★ ★

In Magnus's living room, guests are being scanned by Magnus as he desperately searches for any warlocks. The place is almost empty. Magnus scans Raj with his magic. Alisha stays stuck to Alec's side, wanting to make sure that he's alright. She's assured her brothers that she's alright and that she knew what they said was just an illusion.

"I was this close to lining up a three-way, and you guys let yourselves get spelled?" Raj states stupidly making Alishas face scrunch up in disgust.

"Ew." She shudders. "We didn't need to know that." Alec pushes Raj out of the door after the scan was completed.

"Is he the last one?" Jace asks and Alec returns to his spot beside Alisha.

"It appears I'm the only warlock here." Magnus says and lets his wards down.

"Magnus, what happens if we don't find your spell book?" Clary asks.

"That's not an option you wanna explore. That book can undo every spell I've ever cast. From the elementary to the complex. In new and old languages..." Magnus stops and thinks for a moment. "Champenois. It's an old French dialect." He begins to speak French. Suddenly, he thinks of something and stops. "The red-haired cat."
Magnus quickly puts his wards back up and looks over at Alisha who immediately realised what's happening. She rushes towards the guest room, everyone else quickly following her.

"Magnus, what cat?" Alec asks and Magnus gestures everyone to be silent. Alisha sniffs around and looks at the bed. She notices a lump under the duvet that moves ever so slightly. She looks at Magnus and then to Jace who nods at her. The two grab the duvet and quickly pull it off, reaviling a red haired cat. Alisha frowns deeply whilst Magnus casts a spell at the cat whilst it tries to run away. It suddenly turns into Iris Rouse. Alisha goes over to Alec and her brothers, wanting to protect them all.

"Duratus!" The warlock states making everyone freeze except Magnus, who blocked the spell.

"I hate party crashers." Magnus states as he rushes after Iris who ran into the living room. He blasts magic at Iris, throwing her against a bookcase. She gets up with a frown and blasts magic at Magnus. The pair continue fighting by throwing balls of magic at each other. Suddenly, Magnus holds Iris still with his magic and lifts her up. She groans and struggles.

"You haven't changed one bit since the last time I saw you crawling from the ruins of La Bastille. Old French spells. Your favourite. Where are my counterspells?" Magnus interrogates.