•12•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 3 ~ Pᴀʀᴀʙᴀᴛᴀɪ Lᴏsᴛ

★ ★ ★

In the hospital, Jace is laying in a bed as monitors beep around him. He hears the voices of the doctor and the nurse.

"This can't be right." The doctor states with a shake of his head.

"I'm telling you, I ran the bloodwork three times. Whatever's going on with this guy, it's not normal." Jace watches the nurse give a vial of blood to the doctor.

"I'll take a look." He says and leave. Luke and Maia, who tracked Jace to the hospital, go into the hallway and stop the nurse.

"Excuse me." Luke says stopping the nurse. He shows her his police badge.

"Officer?" She asks, slightly confused but also startled.

"Any chance you've seen this person? We got a tip that he might be in the ER."Jace hears Luke's voice.

"Over there. He came in a few hours ago." Luke nods as he and Maia walk past the nurse. "But we still need to run a few tests before we can clear—"

"It's okay. We just wanna have a quick chat." Luke states as they go into Jace's room but the bed is empty.

"Look around. He's gotta be here somewhere." He says to Maia who nods. They split up and Maia walks past a couple of doctors. After she's gone, one of them turns around. It's Jace in a doctor's coat. He quickly makes his way towards the exit but a nurse stops him.

"Hey, you! What do you think you're doing?" She shouts and Maia turns around. She spots Jace and growls.

"Look, I'm sorry about your brother, but I already told—" she begins but Jace cuts her off.

"You don't understand. I gotta get out of here right now." He says but she shakes her head.

"You're not going anywhere." The nurse says and Maia's bones crack as she transforms into her wolf self. "With the amount of blood you've lost, you're lucky to be alive. If you'd gotten to us a few hours later, you'd be..." the nurse hears the growling behind her and cuts herself off. "What the hell is that sound?" She turns around. "Oh, my God." Maia is now a full wolf. Jace steps in front of the nurse.

"Let the mundane go." He says authoritatively and the nurse runs away. "You have every reason to want me dead, but if you just let me explain, I—" Maia comes for Jace making him run away. He goes into the stairwell and runs up. He stops as the door on the next floor won't open. He hears Maia come closer and hits the door frantically. Just then, someone opens the door for Jace and pulls him out of the stairwell. It's Jocelyn.