•74•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 16 ~ Dᴀʏ ғ Aᴛᴏɴᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 16 ~ Dᴀʏ ᴏғ Aᴛᴏɴᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

★ ★ ★

In the institutes library, Alisha, Alec and Izzy are examining the pieces of glass on the ground, assuming Clary and Jace elect them here. Earlier, Alisha attempted to find a scent around the institutes but is stopped where the glass was.

"What are these things?" Alec asks his girlfriend and sister.

"They look like Portal shards." Izzy states.

"So Jace and Clary are at this beach?" Alisha questions.

"Assuming they went through together, but none of it makes sense. How were they able to create a Portal inside the Institute?" Izzy wonders.

"Clearly, it wasn't a normal Portal." Someone says from begins the three. They all turn to see Robert Lightwood standing in the doorway, also examining the mess in the room. "Whatever it was, there was something strange about this Portal for the wards not to recognize it."

"That should explain these." Izzy says and gives her father a Portal Shard. Robert looks at the lake.

"This isn't a beach." Robert says, handing the shard to Alec. "It's Lake Lyn."

"The Lake Lyn?" Alisha questions. Robert nods at the hybrid.

"How can you tell?" Alec asks his father.

"Because Jace requested a Portal to Idris this morning. He thought he might have a lead on Valentine. But the Clave denied it." Robert states.

"Seems like he went anyway." Izzy comments and Alisha nods.

"We need to help him." He turns to Robert. "You have to get that Portal approved."

"I'll try my best, but the Clave-" Robert tries but Alec cuts him off.

"I don't care what the Clave says. Jace is in trouble." Alec says whilst Alisha says:

"I think your children deserve this from you." The siblings look at her with a smile.

"I agree." He states and then turns to his son. "But as long as you're acting Head of this Institute, you need to remain here."

"Jace is family. You can't expect Alec to abandon his parabatai." Izzy comments.

"No. Dad's right. I need to put the Institute first. Listen, I'm not abandoning anyone. I'm sending my best Shadowhunters to go and rescue them." He smiles at the two girls in the room.