•2•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1 ~ Tʜɪs Gᴜɪʟᴛʏ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

Alisha, still stuck to Valentine's side, walks into a dark room only to be met with a bloodied and bruised Jace. His hands were tied to the ceiling whilst his body drooped to the floor and his t-shirt was discarded. She gasped loudly and rushed forwards to help hip but a circle member firmly pulls her back.

"Stop!" She shouts once she realised she can't get out of the rouge Shadowhunters grip. Jace's head perks up and he catches sight of the weak hybrid. Alisha struggles but she's too weak.

"Enough!" Valentine shouts making everyone freeze, including Alisha. She flinched away from the shout and closed her eyes, expecting to be hurt but when no pain comes her way, she opens her eyes.

"I killed you twice today. You wanna go for another round, huh?" Jace pants as he tries to hide the pain he was in.

"You're a born fighter. I like it. Get dressed." Valentine activates Jace's healing rune located on his abdomen. "We have a lot to talk about." He smirks and walks off, leaving Jace and Alisha alone. She runs up to the blonde shadowhunter and manages to untie him. He smiles gratefully at her as she passes him his shirt. He quickly pulls it over his head and looks back at Alisha.

"Are you okay?" She asks him softly and he lets out a small laugh.

"I'm fine, I've endured worse." He says, trying to make her smile but she just stands their emotionlessly. "Are you alright?" He finally asks her and she cracks a small smile.

"Fine." She says and watches Jace's eyes travel across her black veins. "We should go." She says and Jace nods. The two walk out following after Valentine.

Victor Aldertree sits in the main office of the institute as he waits for Clary to come in like he asked. He stands looking out of the window when the ginger shadowhunter walks in.

"You wanted to see me?" She asks the head of the institute. He turns away from the window when he hears Clary's voice.

"Yes, Clary. Take a seat." Aldertree says and gestures a chair which is placed in front of a camera. She smiles kindly and sits down, giving a weird glance at the camera. Aldertree notices this and smiles slightly. "Sorry about the camera. Like I told your friends when they came in, this is official business, so I have to be official." He leans back on his desk. "Now, let's talk about Jace and Alisha."

"Okay." Clary says trying to find her brother and friend.

"You had the impression that Jace was saving your lives by leaving with Valentine?" He asks.