•63•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Tʜᴏs ғ Dᴇᴍᴏɴ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Tʜᴏsᴇ ᴏғ Dᴇᴍᴏɴ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

After all the commotion (Max being kidnapped, Raphael, Izzy and ameliorate saving him, finding out it was just one seelie killing all the shadowhunters) Jace, Alec, Alisha and Izzy are standing in the office talking about what's happened.

"She had everything. Werewolf claws, vampire fangs, Seelie blades. She used it to make it look like a Downworld uprising." Isabelle states as she sits on the desk beside Alisha. The Herondale boy and Lightwood girl pretend to ignore the tension between the couple in the room as they watch Alisha avoid any contact with Alec.

"The question is, why?" Jace asks.

"We're not sure. But it has to go beyond covering her tracks." Alec states, his voice croaking ever so slightly, making everyone in the room know he's been crying.

"I agree." Izzy states and Alisha nods.

"Same." She comments and then turns to Jace.

"This is great work, Iz." He compliments. "I hear Max is back up on his feet, ready to take over the world. How are you doing? Are you okay?"

"Getting better one day at a time." Alisha rubs Izzy's arm comfortingly as she speaks.

"Good." Jace comments with a smile. "We'll keep investigating Kaelie. But in the meantime, my first official act as Head of the Institute is gonna be somewhat controversial so I'm gonna need your help." Jace turns to Alec. "You're taking over."

"The Seelie investigation?" Alec questions confused. Jace smiles.

"No. I mean, you, Alec Lightwood, are now the Head of the New York Institute." He smirks at his parabatai. Izzy smiles whilst standing up. The hybrid looks down as she attempts to contain her smile. Alec turns to see Alisha smiling at the floor and he immediately breaks out into a smile, happy for himself.

"Can you do that?" He asks.

"Yeah. I mean, like you said, being a Herondale comes with certain perks. Naming a successor is one of them. You were right. Downworlders and Shadowhunters, we're all a mix of human, angel, and demon." Alisha looks up with a confused frown. I thought Alec was all for this idea? She thinks. Izzy, noticing her parabatai's confusion, pats her back gently. "If we let the Clave forget that... we deserve a revolt. I'll always be a soldier. But you're a leader, Alec."

"I have your first assignment." Alec states.

"Bring it." Jace responds with a smile. Izzy and Alisha nod at each other as they walk out the room, letting Jace and Alec talk. The pair find themselves at the training room, where Jason and Isaac were. Isabelle walks off to find something else to do, knowing the three need to spend some time together. The girl walks over cautiously but all caution is thrown out of the widow when both Shadowhunters engulf her in a tight hug.

"Wanna train?" Alisha asks with a tired smile.

"Yeah. You look like you need a distraction." Isaac says brutally making Jason nudge him but Alisha smile.

"You'd be correct." She smiles whilst grabbing a Bo staff along with her brothers.

"How's being a Herondale?" Jason asks after Isaac attempts to hit Alisha with his Bo staff but she blocks it with her own staff. Alisha kicks Jason's leg but the youngest Lotova manages to hit Alisha's arm.

"Eh, it's no different apart from being treated like royalty." Alisha comments. "No one walks on eggshells around me anymore though."

"That's a positive." Isaac states as he lunges at his sister but she blocks it and kicks him to the floor, placing the end of her Bo staff on his neck gently. Smirking in victory, the hybrid doesn't notice Jason stalking towards her. He pushes her to the floor and off of his brother. Grabbing her staff and throwing it away, he places his staff where she previously held it on Isaac. The boy smirks in victory whilst Alisha rolls out from underneath him.

"Alec and I are in a fight." She states after a few seconds of silence. "He said he agrees with what's happening with the chips and all that."

"What?" The brothers ask simultaneously making Alisha raise her eyebrow.

"Alec was the one who argued at Jace about what he was doing was wrong." Jason comments after seeing Alisha's confusion.

"What?" It was Alisha's turn to be shocked now. Before the brothers can respond to her, a cough sounds from behind them. They all turn to see Alec standing there, his hands in his jean pockets. He sheepishly smiles at the Lotova boys as they stand there behind Alisha.

"Talk to him." Isaac whispers in the hybrids ears just as he and Jason walk out of the training room. Just as Alec opens his mouth to speak, Alisha cuts him off.

"Not here." She comments, glancing at the Shadowhunters around them. He nods and follows his girlfriend to her room. As soon as they get there, she shuts the door and Alec begins to pace.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I was wrong you were right, as usual. I shouldn't have said anything. As soon as you ended the call I knew I was in the wrong. I love you so much and I'm so sorry. I know you probably hate me now but-" She cuts off his rambling with a kiss. Shocked at first, Alec just stands there but soon enough he begins to kiss back, placing his hands on the side of her face. Just as things begin to become heated, the hybrid pulls away.

"I don't hate you." She pants slightly. "And it's okay. I love you too." He smiles and quickly kisses her again. She wraps her arms around his neck as he wraps his arms around her waist. She opens her mouth, letting Alec deepen the kiss. The Lightwood pushes his girlfriend onto the bed and she lies on her back, the pair still kissing. Alec lies on top of her, his arms planted beside her head making him not crush his girlfriend. Before things get anymore intimate, Alec decides to pull away. Before speaking, he admires his girlfriends swollen lips.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispers, knowing where this is going. She nods at him but the shadowhunter doesn't budge.

"I'm sure. I want this." She pants and Alec nods, kissing her neck. "I want you."