•38•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 7 ~ Hᴏᴡ Aʀᴇ Tʜᴏᴜ Fᴀʟʟᴇɴ

★ ★ ★

"Told you two. I've used all the department's resources. There's no sign of her." Luke tells Clary and Alisha as they stand in Jade Wolf. Suddenly, the door slams opens revealing a heavily bleeding Cleophas. Clary is the first to spot her.

"Luke." She says making both wolves look over. Just as Cleophas falls down, both Clary and Alisha work together to catch her and sit her up.

"Lucian... Help me." Cleophas winces, looking at her brother.

Clary activates Cleophas' healing rune whilst Alisha tries her best to clean the dried blood away from her skin. Luke glares down at his sister, confusion written all over his face.

"Of all the places you could go, you chose to ask a Downworlder for help?" He questions in disbelief. Cleophas stands up, smiling at the two shadowhunters as a thankyou. "A soulless monster. A filthy animal. Or have you forgotten all the names you called me? Because I haven't." Alisha looks down, stepping back towards her alpha after seeing Luke's disapproving glare towards her.

"Luke." Clary states and then turns towards Cleophas. "What happened at the Citadel?"

"Valentine's men infiltrated. We tried to fight them off. They... They killed Magdalena and took me." Cleophas lies, making almost everyone believe her. Luke scoffs loudly.

"Only you? Why is that?" He questions sarcastically.

"I don't know. He brought me to New York, locked me up. I managed to get a jump on one of his guards and fight my way out." Cleophas continues. Alisha looks over at Luke uneasily, knowing the werewolf doesn't and probably won't believe his sister.

"You can't seriously expect us to believe that." Luke says.

"Luke, you're not helping." Clary says sneakily.

"It's okay, Clarissa. I know where Valentine's hiding. I can lead you to him." Cleophas says catching everyone's attention. The Fairchild looks over at Alisha who nods for her to continue.

"Luke, we have to do this. It's our chance to find Valentine." Clary says. Alisha goes over and stands beside Clary.

"We have to Luke, it may be our only chance." She says.

"No way. I couldn't save your mother, but I'll be damned if I put you two in jeopardy." He states authoritatively.

"If we could just discuss this..." Clary tries but Luke is quick to shut her down.