•39•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 7 ~ Hᴏᴡ Aʀᴇ Tʜᴏᴜ Fᴀʟʟᴇɴ

★ ★ ★

Luke walks into the Hunters moon in search for a certain shadowhunter. He finds Jace face to face with a Seelie, the pair about to make out. He rolls his eyes.

"You're gonna have to wait." Jace says seductively.

"Aw..." the seelie girl playfully pouts.

"Jace. We gotta go." Luke states.

"Oh, let me guess. Alec sent you? Tell him I'm off duty." Jace says without sparing a glance at the werewolf alpha.

"It's Clary and Alisha. They're in trouble." He states making Jace shoot up out of his seat and follow him towards his car.

Alisha, Clary and Cleophas are walking down a dark alley, on their way to find Valentine. Cleophas leads the way, obviously the only one knowing the actual way. Alisha stands beside Clary, making sure that the three of them are safe.

"Where are we going, exactly?" Clary asks, slightly scared.

"We're close." Cleophas answers vaguely.

"You realize by going against Valentine, you're risking your life? He'll never forgive you for this." Clary states.

"I have to make amends." Cleophas states. Suddenly, both Alisha and Clary begin to hear a distorted scream, just like when they were in the institute. Clary almost falls down, grabbing Alishas arm making her stand steadily. She grunts and covers her ears. Alisha groans loudly, more sensitive to the pain, she presses down on her ears, trying to stop herself from screaming.

"Alisha! Clary! What is it? What's wrong?" Cleophas asks concerned after noticing their behaviour. Clary quickly attacks Cleophas, Alisha in too much pain to do anything. Clary holds Cleophas up by her throat.

"What are you doing to us?" Clary spits harshly. Cleophas looks over at Alisha and then back to Clary.

"Let go." Cleophas grits out as she struggles against the young Shadowhunters grasp.

"The sound in our heads. It's coming from Valentine, isn't it?" Clary asks.

"What sound?" Cleophas gasps, confused.

"It's getting louder!" Clary shouts over Alishas pained screams.

"Activate my hearing rune. There." Cleophas says as Clary drops her hold on her neck. After taking out her stele, Clary activates it on Cleophas' neck making the ex iron sister hear the screaming too. She gasps loudly. "It's not possible."