•15•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 4 ~ Dᴀʏ ᴏғ Wʀᴀᴛʜ

★ ★ ★

Clary is walking through an eerie place when she comes upon a door. She holds her hand on a stone and a rune lights up. The door opens, wind and light spread out. She quickly goes in and the door closes behind her making her look back startled. As she looks around, she sees the area is light up by torches. Clary goes down to the tombs and she finds a statue of an angel with a blade. A Silent Brother, specifically Enoch, comes up behind her.

"What is your business here, Shadowhunter?" He says in the Fairchild's head.

"I need to see Jace Wayland." She says and Enoch nods, leading her to where Jace's cell is. A prisoner reaches his hand through the bars.

"Get me out of here! Please..." Clary looks down slightly scared.

"Pay no heed to their desperation. They all deserve to be here. Infractions against the Clave do not go unpunished." Enoch says through their minds. Clary nods and they stop in front of another cell.

"Jace." Clary breathes out when she sees her brother in the cell in front of her.

"You shouldn't have come here." He looks at Enoch. "Take her out."

"No." Clary quickly states. "I'm not going anywhere, unless I know you're gonna be okay." Jace comes up to the bars.

"Is Alec safe? Is he all right?" He quickly questions and Clary nods.

"He's fine." She says.

"What about Alisha? Did Magnus help her?" He asks after and Clary nods once again.

"She's fine, Magnus healed her veins but he can't heal her scars because they were formed by silver." Jace sighs but nods. "Jace, I feel terrible. You're here because of me. If I hadn't fallen under Dot's spell—"

"You're not what put me here, Clary. I have to pay for my actions." Jace cuts her off.

"Not by yourself. What can I do to help? Please, tell me. I will do anything." Jace pulls his hand away from Clary's.

"You can stay away from me." Jace says quietly making Clary step back, shocked.

"What?" She gasps, looking at Jace.

"No matter what happens, never come near me again." He repeats but Clary shakes her head.

"Jace, what are you talking about? You're my family." Clary says but Jace shakes his head strongly.