•65•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 14 ~ Tʜᴇ Fᴀɪʀ Fᴏʟᴋ

★ ★ ★

Alisha and Jace stand on Central Park as the pair look at the river over the bridge they're standing by. Intending to keep his promise to Alec, Jace refused to let Alisha meet him here like she was planning too just in case anything happened on route. So now, the two stand by the entrance to the Seelie realm as they wait for Clary to meet them.

"How are you and Alec?" Jace asks his sister as he breaks the silence.

"We're good, we made up." Alisha states and Jace nods.

"Hey," he says as she turns her head back to the river. "things aren't going to be awkward with us now, are they?"

"Why would they be?" She laughs slightly.

"Well, I'm your brother which means Jason and Isaac aren't." She looks down slightly making Jace mutter a sorry. "Plus I slept with your best friend and-"

"You slept with Maia!" Alisha interrupts making Jace realise his mistake. "What the hell? I thought you both hated each other!"

"We do! It meant nothing, she means nothing!" Jace says. The shadowhunter winces as he head turns to the side. A red mark forms on his cheek from Alisha's hand. "What the fuck!"

"Maia doesn't mean nothing." She states sternly. "Now tell me why you slept with her. Was is to try and move on from Clary?"

"What..." Jace stops talking when he sees Clary approaching the pair with Simon beside her. The shadowhunter rolls his eyes in jealously.

"Well I was right." Alisha mutters. "Well finish this conversation later." Jace nods hesitantly.

"What is he doing here?" Jace asks Clary venomously.

"Hello to you." Simon states.

"Hi Simon." Alisha smiles kindly making Simon smile back at her.

"I'm joining the mission." Simon states confidently. Alisha laughs at the jealous look on Jace's face

"No, you're not." He states after pushing Alisha gently. "You weren't invited."

"I already told him that." Clary buts in and Alisha squints at that.

"Why do I find that hard to believe?" She questions.