•60•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Tʜᴏs ғ Dᴇᴍᴏɴ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Tʜᴏsᴇ ᴏғ Dᴇᴍᴏɴ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

Clary is laying in her bed unconscious with a medic tending to her wounds. Jace and Alisha stand side by side as Simon watches his girlfriend closely. Alisha walks over and sits beside her bed. The hybrids iratze seemed to have worked due to her werewolf side, which is why Clary is still unconscious. She grips her sisters hand as Jace questions Simon.

"So you didn't see the attacker at all? No description? Nothing?" The Herondale asks.

"It was hard to see and I had to choose. Either go after them or help Clary and Alisha. Would you have done it differently?" Jace glances at his sister and then back to Simon, shaking his head. A small wince makes his turn back to the blonde girl. Simon gasps quietly as Jace eyes widen. Alisha's veins in her arm appear to be a bright golden colour, just like Clary's are. The hybrids eyes shoot open, revealing a bright golden colour, just like Jace's when he uses his angelic powers. He looks at Alisha and watches her eyebrows furrow whilst Clary's muscles seem to relax. Finally grasping onto what's going on, Jace rushes towards his sister and gently pulls her away from Clary making her veins and her eyes return to their normal blue colour. She looks up at him shocked.

"I think we found out your powers." Jace states and Alisha nods, rubbing her wrists to release herself of some of the pain she took from Clary. Gasping, Simon finally understands what just happened.

"You can take people's pain?" He asks confused.

"Apparently." She says, Jace's arm still around her shoulders.

"You better get going." Jace says to Simon after a few moments of silence.

"No. I'm not going anywhere until she wakes up." Simon states firmly and Alisha smiles subtly.

"Under the circumstances, there's a lockout order on all Downworlders." Jace says and Simon looks up just in time to see Alisha roll her eyes, obviously not a fan of this new rule.

"What else is new? Jace, I saved her, I brought her here, and when she wakes up, I'm gonna be there for her." Simon states firmly.

"I wish that were possible, but the Institute is on high alert. There are new rules-" Jace says but Simon cuts him off with a shout.

"I don't care about your rules. I care about Clary. I'm not leaving." He looks over at Alisha for help but the girl looks down with a sad expression. Not even she could disobey the inquisitors law. Imogen Herondale chooses then to walk into the room.

"It's not a request, Mr. Lewis." She states.

"Look, I'm not a criminal, I'm her boyfriend-" Simon tries but is unsuccessful.