•34•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 6 ~ Iʀᴏɴ Sɪsᴛᴇʀs

★ ★ ★

Back in the woods, Luke is in his human form again and talking with the three werewolves and Simon. "When I heard Jocelyn died, I've never felt pain like that. Not since my family disowned me. That's why I came up here. So nobody would get hurt." Luke states as he wraps the blanket around his body tighter.

"Nobody got hurt." Simon says ensures.

"Barely." Luke replies.

"Yeah but still no-one was hurt." Isaac repeats.

"Luke, that wasn't you. That was the grief." Maia says, trying to make her alpha feel better.

"She's really gone." Luke sighs sadly.

"But we're here. Please come back with us. We need you. Clary needs you. Alisha needs you." Simon states and Luke's head shoots up and the name of the two girls.

"You think that I don't wanna be there for Alisha or Clary? For all of you? But what use am I if I can't control myself?" He says.

"Luke, you've gotta fight. And those that care about you will fight with you." Maia says.

Simon and Maia are sitting at a table in Jade Wolf as they talk about what happened earlier that day. Jason and Isaac are helping Luke in the kitchen, making sure that he is alright.

"I just can't believe how close I came to being Luke's dinner." Simon states with a small laugh.

"A wolf that size, more like an hors d'oeuvre." Maia jokes.

"Man, I miss hors d'oeuvres." Simon says.

"Oh... I miss chocolate." She continues after seeing Simons confused gaze. "Ever since I Turned, it makes me puke."

"That's awful." He says and they both begin laughing.

"Simon..." the young werewolf starts. "what you did back there, with Luke, that was, like, seriously inspiring."

"Really? I– I don't think I've ever inspired anyone before." Simon stutters.

"I'm sure you have." Maia smiles. Suddenly, Clary walks in the Jade Wolf, looking around for Simon and Luke after receiving a call that they were back.

"No, no. Almost came to me, but just... just ran right away." Simon says to Maia, not noticing Clary's arrival. The shadowhunter looks over and sees the pair laughing at a table.