•20•

Two chapters today cause it's my birthday ✌️

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 4 ~ Dᴀʏ ғ Wʀᴀᴛʜ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 4 ~ Dᴀʏ ᴏғ Wʀᴀᴛʜ

★ ★ ★

Clary is walking down a hallway in the institute as she's talking into her phone. "Simon, where are you? I've tried you back four times. As soon as you get this, please call me." After she finished leaving a voicemail, she turns around the corner and sees Alec almost unconscious sitting against the wall. His hands are covered in blood, but not his.

"Alec. Alec?" Clary asks as she walks up to him. Alec looks at the blood on his hands in pure shock and horror.

"What did I do?" He asks, finally looking up. Clary follows the blood trail into the room. She gasps when she finds her mother with her heart ripped out. She falls down against the door. Alec comes up to her and gasps when he sees Jocelyn's dead form. Just then, Alisha, Jason and Isaac run in after following the stench of blood. Tears flow freely from the hybrid's eyes. Jason and Isaac stand frozen as they look at the woman in front of them. When Alec looks at his girlfriend beside him, she notices the blood on his hands and shakes her head furiously. Why him? She thinks over and over again. When he sees the broken look on her face he also sheds a few tears. The brothers step in front of Alisha, still not knowing about the demon loose in the institute, trying to protect her. Alisha, too shocked to stop them, just walks over to Clary and pulls her into her embrace. The girl sobs into Alishas arms while she tries to console her but the hybrid's just as broken.

In the ops centre, Alisha, Jason, Isaac, Clary and Alec are watching the video tapes of the bedroom possessed Alec murdered Jocelyn in. Alisha stands next to Clary as both girls watch helpless as their mother is killed.

"Oh, my God. Clary, I..." Alec tries to say but Clary holds up her hand like 'stop talking'. After hearing the croaks in her boyfriends voice, she can't help but feel bad.

"I have a demon to kill." Clary says and walks away. Alisha looks at the boys beside her and sees each one of their eyes on her. She would stay and talk to them but she's worried about Clary. Alisha runs after the girl, desperate to try and help her.

In the City of Bones, Jace gets up and goes to the bars of his cell when he hears screaming and the swishing of blades. He has a concerned but also scared look etched on his features.

"Hodge, do you hear that? I was hoping it was another nightmare."Jace asks the man in the cell beside him but gets no response. A Silent Brother tumbles out of a hallway, he has been attacked.

"Please. Help us." He says as he falls to the floor.

"What's happening?" Jace asks.

"Grab his hand! The lock release on our cells can only be activated if he's alive." Hodge says as he wakes up from his sleep. Jace holds up Jeremiah's hand to the lock but nothing happens.