•54•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 11 ~ Mᴇᴀ Mxɪᴍᴀ Cᴜʟᴘᴀ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 11 ~ Mᴇᴀ Mᴀxɪᴍᴀ Cᴜʟᴘᴀ

★ ★ ★

In an alley, Luke and Ollie are on a stakeout, sitting in a police car. Ollie's on the phone. Luke sits silently whilst Ollie talks on the phone.

"Well, I'll swing by the pho place on my way home. I know, I know, not too spicy. Will you stop? Stop. I'm at work. Bye." She hangs up and then turns to Luke. "Sorry. My girlfriend, Samantha. She was supposed to grab dinner, but-"

"She pho-got?" Luke cuts her off with a small smile.

"Oh, my God. A joke." They both chuckle. "So you are human after all. Well, what about you? You have someone? Wife? Girlfriend? Boyfriend?" Luke's smile immediately drops and he looks at anything but Ollie.

"First rule of being my partner, no personal questions." He states.

"You say that now, but I don't think it's normal to sit in a car with someone all day and not chat. I mean, if we're gonna be partners, we need to get to know each other." Ollie says. After a few seconds of silence, there's a knock at the door window. They both turn and see Alisha standing there with Maia behind her. Luke opens the window.

"We need to talk." Alisha says calmly but she gives her alpha a look saying that it's important.

"Is that your girlfriend? Cute. Young." Ollie says making Alisha cringe and hold back a gag. "Hi, I'm Ollie. Luke's pretty private about his personal life, but I'm glad he has one." Luke gets out of the car whilst she's talking.

"She's not my girlfriend." Luke states and slams the door shut. Alisha and Luke walk over to Maia, far enough away from the car so Ollie can't hear.

"Russell's gone. He took all his stuff." Maia says.

"Good riddance. He was bad for the pack." Luke shrugs and Alisha shakes her head.

"He also took Reed, Greg and Seegan. They don't trust you." Maia comments.

"They're headed down to Philly to start their own pack. They asked us to go with them." Alisha finishes. Luke frowns at the mention of Alisha possibly leaving his pack but he quickly goes back to an emotionless facade.

"Look, if you wanna leave, by all means..." Luke trails off.

"I'm not going anywhere, Luke." Alisha smiles.

"Me too. There's only a few of us left. How's the pack gonna survive?" Maia states.

"Look, I don't care if it's just you two and me. We'll figure out a way. But I won't let it come to that. I've been out recruiting other members from other packs. Trust me, plenty of wolves wanna eat at the Jade Wolf." Luke says.