•67•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 14 ~ Tʜᴇ Fᴀɪʀ Fᴏʟᴋ

★ ★ ★

After the Seelie Queen left with Simon, Clary begins to pace whilst Jace sits on a fallen tree and Alisha attempts to call Alec to see how he's doing. Every time she calls him, it says 'call failed' and she groans catching Jace's attention. She walks back over to her brother and sister with an annoyed expression.

"It won't go through." She says to the two of them.

"Of course it won't, phones don't work in the Seelie realm." Jace states.

"So you let me constantly try when through you knew it wouldn't work." Alisha says annoyed.

"I mean it's quite obvious, with it being a different realm." Jace adds and Alisha mimics him childishly. Clary rolls her eyes at the park as she continues to pace.

"We should never have let Simon come." She says. Alisha shrugs.

"I mean, it was your idea." The hybrid recurves a glare from the red head.

"He didn't exactly give us a choice." Jace adds making Clary stop moving. "And, you know, you can't really blame him. If I were him, I'd never leave your side either." She looks at him with an unreadable expression whilst Alisha watches the pair with a knowing look. Just before Clary can respond to Jace, the Seelie Queen and Simon come back in, Simon rushing in first. He walks over to his girlfriend whilst Jace stands up at the sight of the stressed and flustered vamp.

"Is everything okay?" Clary asks her boyfriend as he grabs her forearms and walks away from the Queen who walks in slightly behind him.

"Great." He responds sarcastically whilst grabbing his best friends hand, pulling her with him. "We need to go right now." Jace quickly grabs Simon stopping the three of them from moving.

"Hey, hey, wait." He states and then turns to the Queen. "Your Majesty, with your permission, we should get going." The four of them stand in a horizontal line.

"But you've only just arrived." The Seelie Queen comments. Suddenly, dark vines with sharp thorns wrap around Jace and Simon's legs. Alisha and Clary swiftly look down and see them crawling up the boys legs. The girls stiffen and watch the boys attempt to claw them off.

"It's futile to struggle." The Seelie Queen observes and the boys stand up and stop struggleing. "Vitis veritas. Enchanted vines that only obey me." The vines begin to wrap around their arms now two. Alisha struts forwards, her werewolf eyes shining brightly. Clary watches the Queen with hatred.