•56•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 12 ~ Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Nᴏᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Oᴡɴ

★ ★ ★

Alisha and Alec walk through the institutes Ops centre. The hybrid pulls out her phone and presses Magnus's contact. Alec's hand rests firmly in hers, the Lotova girl trying to offer him as much comfort as she can.

"Hey, Alisha." Magnus says through the phone. It rung a few times before the warlock actually picked it up. Alisha frowns, Magnus always had a pet name for her but she shrugs it off.

"Hey, look, I know you had a rough night, but, um, Alec and I need your help tracking Azazel." She says and the couple stop walking by a stained glass window with the angelic rune in the centre.

"I wish I could help, but I'm busy with a client." Magnus says hesitantly making Alisha furrow her brows.

"Are you okay? You sound strange." Alisha says worriedly making Alec look at the girl with a confused look.

"I had a rough night. Look, I need to get back to my client. If you need a warlock, call Dorothea." Magnus spits making Alisha's frown deepen. The warlock swiftly ends the call and Alisha slowly pulls the phone away from her ear.

"Is he gonna help?" Alec asks his girlfriend whose staring into space. She looks up at the older Lightwood and shakes her head.

"Somethings up with him, he claims to have had a rough night but I don't know." She says ana Alec pulls her into his side. "We need to go to his apartment, see if he's okay." Alec nods.

"Then let's go." He says and leads his girlfriend out of the institute, being a gentleman and opening and closing the doors for her.

When the couple reach Magnus's apartment, Alisha wastes no time in knocking the door. After knocking a few times and having no response, she decides to speak up.

"Magnus! You there?" She shouts whilst knocking. The hybrid gears footsteps approaching the door and stops knocking, looking over at Alec and nodding. The shadowhunter links their hands just as the door swings open. They're both greeted by a confused looking Magnus.

"Hello." He says shallowly and Alisha frowns.

"What's going on?" She asks instantly, no hello or how are you. "Are you okay? Are you sick? Injured?" She begins to walk forwards to question him more but Alec wraps his arms around her waist and pull her back effectively silencing her.